Saturday, April 17, 2004

See how time passes by and it is already Saturday..... It rain this morning.... It has been like that for the whole of this month..... Wet and dry and wet again..... Sometime it shower..... one of my car would get really wet..... What can I do except to wipe it up.. one of those things that you had to do to keep thing in its proper perspective.... A friend is sick and I had not visited him, so today I decided to see him at his home..... I took the Volvo and drive to his home..... on arrival at the front of his house.... I horned and He was real surprise to see me with this vintage car..... He had a Volvo once, in fact we all had Volvo before when we were young and working for the government.... But not the Volvo 122.... He had a Volvo 144, so do myself..... It was a great car then and I continue to change cars and eventually bought a Volvo 240 and later on the Volvo 244.... But then the Japanese cars invaded our market with beautiful and cheaper cars.... So like everybody else I opted for a Japanese car after that and have ever since use Japanese cars..... But now with my vintage Volvo 122s.... I now have a Japanese Honda Civic and this beau that I drove to my friend's house this morning...... He has just got out of hospital recently.... Some sickness... Of old age I suppose.... He is recuperating at home and indeed happy to see me, especially the Volvo 122... A vintage.... He say he had wanted to buy that car at that time... but due to some reasons that he did not explain.... he eventually bought a Volvo 144, a bigger car and an expensive car of that time.... It is only those senior government officers and the businessman use these Volvo, for they were the few that could afford to buy these cars..... As for me at that time I was just a junior officer and could not afford to own one...... So happily he talk about his liking of this Volvo classic and it seem the chats seem to revolve around the subject of the Volvo.... He say that the motto of the Volvo is "Volvo for life".... It is not to mean that one would use Volvo for all his life.... It actually to mean that Volvo is a very safe car and it saved life..... Now I know what its meant when people say ' Volvo for life '.... Well it was indeed an interesting chat that we have had and I am indeed happy that this friend of mine is getting well... and that seeing my Volvo classic makes his mind active again... I am indeed glad that it is in a way makes a friend happy..... Time passes by and since it was about lunch time.... I invited him for lunch.... but he say that.. let do it the next time.... With that I parted happy the my dear friend is on the way to a complete recovery... in a way thanks to my 'new' Volvo classic...... Well as I always said.... Life is like that... And some time little things like this Volvo of mine do have an effect of a person memory and it jolt some great past events..... Which bring joy and happiness..... It was to me a really great day with a friend.......

No comments: