Sunday, April 25, 2004

It is Sunday the twenty fifth, and today the Kelab Volvo Klasik is having their Annual General Meeting.... I am now a member of this club, so this will be the first time I am attending this meeting which is held at the Federal Auto, the company which sell Volvo. The gathering started with a breakfast session of the traditional Malaysian buffet.... The AGM started at about eleven in the morning.... And the surprise thing is that they decided to elect me as their next Hon.Secretary..... actually I did not want to hold any post in the committee and would like just to be an ordinary member.... But then what can I say.... It is a democracy and they adamantly want me to be a secretary..... So I accept and told them I would try to do my best...... Most of the previous committee members did not want to continue to be in this year committee, so in the end we now have a new set of committee members with Mr. Simon Suresh and young chap being elected as the President of the Club.... Mr. Simon is in fact the founder members of this club which was registered in nineteen ninety seven.... He is the first member of the club..... So now I had a job to do and hope that I would be able to do the job well.... It was to me a great meeting of the young and old.... and it went very well indeed.... We had lunch together and happy that this year AGM went well with a new set of committee member.......

No comments: