Thursday, April 15, 2004

The renovation works of my patio has just finished..... So it is time to redo my small garden again .... It took the contractor six days to laid the slate slap for the front patio and because slate had to be properly settled first before a coating could be paint on it.... I had to wait for almost twenty days before the slate were properly dried.... for my contractor did not want to do a sloppy work.... Being a good artisan who love his work, this person did not want to rush to complete the job.... Instead he would rather wait and then do a good job of it..... I had know this contractor for almost twenty years already so whenever I had a job to like laying tile or any stone works, I would call this person who I refer as Tek Sing..... a Chinaman who love his job of laying tiles...... So today he did the final touch of his handy works and I am happy with the good job done...... With that I had to start to put the place in a proper order so that it look presentable and pleasing to the eyes... To me any renovation to the house had to be done with the artistic view in mind, for what is a renovation if it would not look good after.....Materials for any renovation works could be easily bought at the market places.... It is the workmanship that makes the difference, a sloppy work would not achieve your reason for a renovation works... You renovate so that you get to see a new look, which should be better the the previous scene.....the new renovation should enhance the look and this is the reason that I had chosen slate instead of man made tile for my new look patio... for I love the natural look of slate, as there would never be two pieces of slate that look the same.... It is the difference in each piece of slate that make it more artistic, which in turn create a natural look and it blend well with the small fish pond that I had already created at one corner of my patio.....I had tried to create a sort of a garden with ponds and running water.....Creating an atmosphere of nature with a touch of green here and there..... What else we city folks could do except to try to create an environment that have the look of the green of the rural areas..... It is for these reasons that I decided to do this renovation to my small patio in front of my home..... With the arrangement done..... I am proud to say that it look better and am happy about it.... Thanks to the Chinaman that did a wonderful work of laying those delicate slate.... We now have a new look patio..... Indeed it is a work of arts..... My friends.... That is living..... With the technology and the know how we have today we could easily create any look with a little bit of imagination and creativity...... Knowledge takes us all a long way..... To a better quality of life.... And enjoy......

No comments: