Friday, June 18, 2004

It is yet another great day...Today Friday, end of the week and we are in the middle of June already...Time passes so fast these days, hardly you complete your week projects it is already Friday... Friday is special to me for today is the day in a week that we had congregation prayer at the mosque at noon...It is call the Friday Prayer, where the mosque would be throng to capacity at the noon prayer....It is also became a sorts of a get together for friends, usually after the prayer we would sit around and chat and compare notes, so to say of the events of the week, talks of politic and other subject of interest. The weeks have been great and life continue to be great and meaningful... And I am enjoying every minutes of it.... Like today, this morning... I got an email from my friend who once live in the California desert...It is just a cyberpal that I came in contact some years ago while living in Boston...And we have been in communication ever since with a few pause from time to time, like when she sold her house and move to another location... I supposed to find a new environment to live in her golden age with her spouse... And of course continue to enjoy life.. For people of our generation we have gone through many events, from the second world war..The cold war....The peace, the prosperity, the changes in the countries landscape, the growing of children, seeing your grand children grows as well....Our eldest is now in her teen already and you feel nice to seen another generation of your family from the same gene making it in this world of ours.... And with the internet, the world is getting smaller and now we have a new media, we call cyberspace to 'live' just like we live on this planet... The difference in that in cyberspace we live in bits not physically like we live on earth, the blue planet that we share.... A stranger from Texas, Austin comment that He/She enjoy my blog and it touches me as well, the writer of this blog and in this case we both are enjoying ourselves in cyberspace.... And since we are a spiritual being, we could feel the nice feeling of coming in contact with another human being and it happen in cyberspace....A media our forefathers would not even thought of or ever dreams of its possibility, perhaps only in the world of Harry Potter!! ... But then it was just a fantasy....But today cyberspace and the internet is for real, it is in fact a 'real' world in another dimension....So like I say today, this very morning I am happy to get news from my friend in the California desert and at the same time get connected through my blog from another stranger who live in Texas, Austin, both of which I had not met in person as yet...Only in cyberspace...But to me it does not makes any difference, for friendship in what ever form is important to me, for it makes my life interesting and in a way meaningful as well as useful.... Who knows....God willing that we would meet some days....We can never tell....In my life many strange events unfold sometime and things that you never thought would be a reality...Do became a reality....Like most people would say if it is going to happen it would happen...Some years ago when I was in my youth, attend a training program in Perth, Australia....At a Bar...I befriend a man of the same age....We had a few drinks and was enjoying ourselves in a very friendly atmosphere....And like any episode in real life, we had to part eventually...We say good bye and hope to meet again....Guess what.. After a lapse of a few years of lost contact, I met this same person again, in a Bar again... This time not in Perth Australia, but in Tehran, Iran...It was real great to meet again, of all the places in the world, in Tehran, Iran...This was before the Iran Revolution.... So like I always say we all can never tell what is in store for us in the future...It is still unknown to us...But then we are human full of intelligent and wisdom.... We would find a way to make contact and communicate... Now a new media the cyberspace is there and next it would be another media....Who knows we could then transmits atom instead of bits like we do now through the internet.... It is now possible to transmit anything in bits through cyberspace....Would not it be possible to transmit atom in the future.... I am an optimist and I believe in time we would get there, maybe not in my life time but we human would get there eventually for our species have that drive to conquer the unknown..... Would there be America today if those adventurers do not venture into the unknown...The church at that time condemn those adventures... But then we all know now that it is in our gene to venture.... And venture we did to the unknown......Thanks again to my friend from Texas, Austin for making my days....And hope that you may continue to enjoy life ... If my writing help to inspire you in any way...I am indeed glad for that, I am happy indeed.... Lets share our thoughts for the good of mankind... We the living on this planet is just dot on this blue planet and remember there are other small dot out there that we took for granted...The speck of dust....It may contain life and whole family of it, we might not know for it is just a speck of dust, do not our planet look like a speck of dust from far away outer space.... So when we encounter anything in space just take sometime to reflex and ponder... Is there life there...In doubt!...Why not be gentle about it.... Like the other day our little grandchild, barely two years old...Was looking at the ants and I guess was wondering about this tiny creature....He place his gentle finger on one and it was killed.... I continue to watch him trying to makes the ant move again but in vain... So I sat with him and had a talk, trying to explain to this young kid about life.... I start by tell him that this ants are alive and when it die it does not move and no matter what it would not come to live...I told him of what life and living are in a language that I hope he understood.... I start by tell him that this ant have family and it has got a home and it has to go home... And then I remember the film 'Antz', which the whole family had watch sometime ago....He had watch this film and enjoy it so I relate to him that like the story in 'Antz'... This ant have mom and papa too and grandpa too....He laugh.. The kid's laugh and I think he understood what I was tell him.... That life must be treasured... As he grows up he still watch ants but do not disturb it anymore...I believe he got the message loud and clear.... So remember there are life everyone on this planet sharing it to make this world of ours such a wonderful place to live and enjoy life..... Oh!.. What a life without those ants around... Pretty dull I supposed....

No comments: