Wednesday, February 04, 2004

It is another great day, the sun was shining with clear blue sky.... The street are beginning to get crowded again after the long holiday of the Aidil Adha and the Federal territory holiday.... Kuala Lumpur the capital city of Malaysia is a Federal territory...It is like Washington D.C..... Kuala Lumpur use to be in the state of Selangor...but was made a Federal territory some years ago, and since that another city has been made a federal territory as well... It is the Labuan off shore financial centre.... A small island just off the coast of the state of Sabah..... With such a nice day I decided to drive to the shopping Mall and at the same time went to pay my monthly utilities bills..... As usual with me I would do window shopping and then have a snack at a stall there, I had a hot dog at a American franchised stall...It was great and I enjoy it.... One of those day when you really enjoy a Hot Dog.... I linger on and eventually decided to visit the Cash Converter shop an Australian franchise that is like the bargain center of used goods..... This place always interest me, whenever I am at Ampang Point, I would just walk across and browse through the shop and look at some old things that are works of arts or secondhand goods that are still in good conditions, I have bought a few items of interest and unique before and I hope this time I would find something interesting..... At present there are many secondhand DVD, VCD and CD disk of good qualities and I have bought a few of CD's for my CD player in the car..... This type of shop that sell old things and secondhand good has always fascinate me and I love to visit and look at all those things that are being sold... When I was living in Boston, there was a huge store run by the American War veteran and I always visit this store whenever I am in downtown.... I have bought many items of interest including a black and white TV that cost me just five US dollars..... It is the same concept here with this Cash Converter shop.... They sell almost everything that is secondhand.... And sometime you find things that are new or not use at all.... Well that is me, I love to browse along and sometime chat with the sale personal when it is not that busy..... Today I saw a diamond ring, with a big diamond and it cost a lot..... The person in charged of this section that sell those expensive secondhand goods is a friend of mine.... I came to know him before he start working in this store.... Indeed I am surprise to see him working here now... A pleasant young man always with a happy smile..... I pop in at his counter and he show me the ring..... As usual I do not buy secondhand jewelry, that is my wife's department and she would take care of buying new jewelry which includes the items for my use.... I guess women are a better buyer of jewelry then man....So this department goes to her.... I often just tag along and makes small comment and suggestion when she browse jewelry items in her favorite shop that is not far from this particular shop....... Jewelry I guess is one of the favorite of women... They seem to be fascinated with those glittering works of arts that we man just often glance through only.... Women are not like us..... They would patiently looks at those items with great pain and would spend a considerable hours with the sales people before making a decision to purchase or not...... Me whenever I need anything fancy as an accessory to my traditional dress, I would get my wife to help me in deciding what to purchase..... It look like all the time it works perfectly... I believe that God has made women a species that is perfect for this kind of adventure in a Jewelry store..... We men are not made for this job...... So the best thing our species could do and remain sane, is that we should just tag along and be patience as possible.... And let her create as much damage as possible.... Or as little damage as possible..... So what is money if you do not spend it.... And again what is money if you do not have it.... Well women... We men could not live without one and neither could we live with one.... So I have chosen to live with one.... To be sane on this planet...... And enjoy life.....

No comments: