Thursday, January 22, 2004

Got an email from Italy, a far away land, an ancient country, whose capital city is Rome. We have been there some years ago, a stop on a tour of Europe.....Well as usual we visited all those tourist sites and enjoy every minutes of the tour....We have a foster daughter living in one of the town of Italy... She live with her husband and we have been communicating quite regularly on the net...,thought we have not as yet met...In fact She is our late daughter's friends.... Somehow we have taken her as our own and decided that she is now part of the family.... I guess that God has indeed presented us with such a wonderful person as an addition to the family...Indeed God works in a mysterious way.......In her latest mail we were sad to hear that her husband was involved in a car accident and got hurt but is recovering now...We pray that he would be as good as new after the recovery....,Well accident happen....No right minded people want to get into an accident...accident happen because it is an accident....So what do we do about it...As human when accident happen..We get angry...Almost instantly...and the blame goes on...Everyone want to be on the right side and non wants to accept to be the cause of the accident....Everyone seem to be right, but... Wait a minute.... It is an accident right?.... Surely it has never been plan, that is why it is call an accident.... I have been through such incident before... And on one occasion a person that knock my car....the damage is slight.... Say.. Sorry sir, it is an accident, accident happened"..." And after some exchanges of words...the person decided to pay for the damage to my car...and I accept it.....later on while driving home I get a pang of regret on accepting the person's payment, though only a small amount....and the person's words keep ringing in my ears and mind....What the person say is True.....Accident happen.... I should not have accept the payment but instead accept the fact that it is an accident... Non of us want to get into an accident.... I was hoping to meet this person again and return the money back...but was not successful...so I donated the sum to a charity with a promise to myself that in future I would treat an accident just as an accident and if the other party want to make me pay for the accident I would just do so if the amount is small and if the damage is big, then I would refer it to my insurance to pay...... And I would not accept any payment in return...I would try to stay cool and talk about it to the other party... to settled it in a more friendly atmosphere... Remember when we are angry we do not makes rational judgment.... Believe me it is worth it ...To stay cool....In another accident where I knock the rear of a taxi...I decided to talk to the driver and in the end the person decided to accept that it is an accident and with that I did pay the person a small amount for the repair of the car...I guess both of us were happy after that....Well it is an accident after all.....So to me it is best that we take an accident as something that just happen....And learn from it... May be we should be more careful the next time... May be we should learn to stay cool after an accident... It is not easy...But I tried and it works...Do try to stay cool and avoid an argument...Believe me everyone would be happy after the fact...... Remember we have to accept that accident already happen and nothing that we could do that would reversed the incident...It already happen..It is an Accident.... and if we are injured and had to be hospitalized...we should use those time to reflect and Ask ourselves the hard question of Why it happen...May be there is a hidden message in it...Maybe it is a way to jolt our mind and remind us that we are a human being after all...We do make mistake...that the other party are also in the same boat with us...They have family too...They had feeling like us too...They are as angry like us too...But if we stay cool...Could not we teach him indirectly to stay cool too....So that when he return home he would be reflecting on the incident just like we do...Thinking ... It is still an accident and no one want to get into an accident.... Sometime people take matter to the authority..to the court to get compensation ... Well that is the way we human settled thing nowadays...Isn't there another way.... Like... to discuss as friend....and come out with a amicable settlement... Like friends do...Surely we could, if only we stay cool... Try being human...... Perhaps it would give us a new meaning of life itself... After all we are part of a family in this global village...The blue marble......

No comments: