Thursday, June 05, 2014

An Oldman with His Cellphone...

I love photography for through the lens I get to enjoy nature and other objects much more closely. It a passion of mine since childhood. Come retirement I got all the time in the world to do serious photography. In doing photography one must be prepare for the unexpected, like the above image of a friend who came for tea at my house recently. I just did a random snap and did not expect much but it turn out to be a great image of an old man with his passion for the cellphone. We had sat at the Kopitiam table at the patio to chat over tea and enjoy some traditional fritter that my spouse had prepared. It is a tradition  in our culture that when folk come a visiting we would entertain them appropriate; most of the time with something to bite. In this case my spouse had prepared Cekodok to enjoy with the tea. We knew most of our friends preferred drink; in this case this relative of ours love tea without sugar. It was during a pause while chatting that I took some snap with my cell phone camera and the result surprised me indeed. I am now using a Nokia Lumia 525 and found the tiny camera of the cellphone is really good in capturing image a close range. It just a simple camera; focus and a touch on the screed would activate the camera. The image look great and I am sharing it here for all to see and enjoy. Folks who had seen this image that I had posted in Facebook ask why is that he is concentrating on his camera while having a chat with friends over tea. Well folk as it is he may be looking for some interesting image to show or looking at an SMS message. It does not matter to me.  It is a culture now for folks to look at their cellphone from time to time even while with friends and it has already become an accepted norm to the society since the introduction of the cellphone.  I like this image. To me it does tell an interesting story of folks in their golden years enjoying life as they so like.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Aziela said...

As salam Pak Idrus.

How are you? I hope you are in a good health and life.

Pak Idrus, I love pictures, but I am no expert in photographing. Thus, I am fully relying on my handphone camera to capture moments and life. So far I am satisfied enough with the pictures though it might not look magnificent as DSLR.

Pak Idrus, I can see the cekodok in the picture. It looks yummy....

Pak Idrus said...

Aziela, thanks for the visit. I have been wondering where have you gone. It really good to see you here again. Yes we are in the best of health and enjoying our golden years together.

As for photography it not so much the camera, it the person behind the camera that made the difference in capturing a good photography. The image in this posting is taken with a Cellphone camera and it turn out to been great. That is the reason I blog about it.

Well I love traditional Cekodok and when folks come a visiting that is he easiest kueh to do.

Hope that you are in the best of health. Take care.