Friday, March 18, 2011

A short break in Kuantan...


It was a beautiful day here in KL with clear blue sky, It look like a great day to travel. I had planned to visit Kuantan for a few days to attend my younger brother youngest son's wedding on Saturday 19, March. A nephew decided to come over and drive me to Kuantan since I no longer take to driving long-distance. I guessed age is catching up and to avoid fatigue I have decided to no longer drive long-distance. So at just past eleven we left KL on my Honda with my nephew driving. It is the first time that I am not driving on this road. And I thought it would give me the opportunity to enjoy the ride to Kuantan and at the same time take some picture of the scene on both sides of the highway. The top image is that of the skyline as we passes a Palm Oil Plantation on one side of the highway. A magnificent sight indeed.

The KL Kuantan Highway passes partly through the virgin forest of the Main Range of Peninsula Malaya known as the Banjaran Titiwangsa. The forest along the way here is actually millions of years old since it was never touched by the ice age. I love driving around these area since it give me the opportunity to see all the floral and fauna that had been there longer than the country itself. It was green and green of forest all along the roads with patches of Rubber and Palm oil plantations here and there. With the highway it is much easier to drive and today's journey took us just three and half hours to get to Kuantan. On the way there were rain here and there but otherwise the journey was a pleasant one indeed.

I took a numbers’ of photos of the scenes and sharing it here for all to see and enjoy those pleasant greens of the tropical forest.

Have a nice day.

9 comments:

Cheqna said...

Salam Pak Idrus,

Nice views..normally when we drive back to east coast, just concentrating on the road, should be more conscious on the surrounding.

:-)

Pak Idrus said...

Cheqna, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Yes the scenes are great indeed but when we are driving we do not notice it but that day I was not driving, thus I got that opportunity to enjoy that wonder sight on both sides of the highway.

BTW true when we are driving we must concentrate on the road first and foremost.

Have a nice day.

Aishah said...

Assalamualaikum Pak Idrus,

First and foremost I must say that I am grateful I bumped into your blog for you seem like a very nice and wise person. I feel like I would enjoy reading your posts.

The Karak-KL route is almost an alien beauty to Malaysia. Feels like we are somewhere else in another country, but of course how could that be, it must be a Malaysia beauty!

Pak Idrus said...

Aishah, thanks for the visit and the good words on me and my kind of blogging.

At this age I thought that it is best that I share my thoughts with the world, hopping that in a small way it would made the difference to folks in their daily lives as well in their appreciation of nature.

I am glad you like this posting and I shall continue to write for the benefit of all.

Have a nice day.

nirankar said...

Nice Post.
down the line and straight about what author wants to say.

It`s always good to be healthy , and for that one must have healthier food.

Thanks for sharing such a great post, Keep Posting !!!


melbourne Dentist

Pak Idrus said...

nirankar, thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of blogging. Thanks too for sharing your thoughts on foods.

Have a nice day.

Madame A said...

Pak Idrus,
I am 'orang Kuantan'. Born there, went to Primary and Secondary school there. Taught in one of the secondary schools there for 6 years after graduating. Now go back once in a while to Kuantan because my mum and siblings are still there. Love Kuantan!

Pak Idrus said...

Madame A, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. Kuantan is my hometown too and would go back from time to time to meet friends and relatives . But every time I went back I felt sad that the once pristine town on the east coast is now not well managed. The food outlet in Tg, Lumpur is much to be desired and there seem to be no real planning to beautify the town. Sad indeed.

Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Your post is interesting and amazing. I feel happy after reading your post. Thanks for share!

Restaurants thomastown Melbourne