Monday, August 24, 2009

Wild fruits @ Janda Baik...


Folks, while wondering in the bushes at Janda Baik the other day I came across this wild fruits. At first glance it just look like flowers but on looking closer I saw that it is indeed a bunch of fruits. It look unique and when I took the picture using the macro lens, I saw on closeup that all the fruits has torn all over it. Even the stem has torn on it too. It look like it would be rather difficult for the bird or insect to eat it but as we often know that the animals and insects would always find a way to eat it. Well it was a really nice finding. This is the first time I saw such a fruits and do not know what this fruit is call. Perhaps someone out there could enlighten us with the name. It would surely add to our knowledge of the wild fruits/flowers. I am sharing the image here for all to enjoy. Have a nice day.[click on the image to enlarge]

4 comments:

Matt Kopikarat said...

Salam Pak Idrus

I am Deen from Golden Sand, Kelantan. Wow..what a great pic..perfect captured. See ya!

Deen

Pak Idrus said...

MY HOMESTAY, Deen thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of photography. Glad that you like the image.

I am still learning Macro Photography and trying my best to get a shot.

Have a nice day and take care.

Jewelle Tan said...

Hi Pak Idrus, what lovely colours - kalau tak ada duri. I wonder, how small are the fruits?

I'd like to know what plant this is too.

Pak Idrus said...

Jewelle Tan, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on this lovely wild fruits.

The size is about 1mm or a bit smaller, just like the end eraser of a pencil. I too do not know the name of this plant but the leaves look that of Senduduk, maybe it is the Senduduk family.
http://www.forestexplorers.com/senduduk.html

As I had mentioned in my blog I too am hoping others would help on this too.

Have a nice day.