Monday, February 02, 2009

Another colorful day...


It has been a hot and humid day. The sky has turned blue with thick clouds, white as snow all over. A picturesque sight indeed. In a way I am always fascinated with clouds. During my scouting days I learn to watch clouds and know the name of each one and now as I watch its formation I know what type of clouds it is. Today it is the Cumulonimbus. Actually on that sunny day I wanted to watch the eclipse of the sun but could not get a glimpse of it because of the clouds. Traditionally to see the eclipse of the sun we often placed a basin of water and see its reflection in the clear water. It is not advisable to watch the solar eclipse direct, for it could damaged the eyes. At that time the sun was covered by thick clouds and it was not possible to see the eclipse. Not been able to see that solar eclipse instead I went out to take a snap of the clouds. In my childhood while lying on the grass lawn looking up to heaven I would sometime wonder and my imagination would run wild turning the shapes of the clouds into imaginary figures, whistling the time away. Above is the image of the cloud on that day.

Not been able to do much outdoor I took the time to do some touch up/varnishing of old wooden furniture which I had planned to do but been procrastinating all the while. So today I did just that; plus upgrading my patio to a new look for the year 2009. Actually I am always into something and never a day that I would not be into touching and rearranging these or that item, so that it continue to be 'alive' and pleasing to the eyes. Image on the left is my new look of the patio where my Kopitiam table is. A place to sit and enjoy coffee with friends or family members or just to blog my day as I am doing now.

Monotony is not in my culture, and to get out of it I am always into something like what I am doing today, or writing, gardening, driving, photographing or whatever that would make living so wonderfully colorful, my ways. In a word it is my culture of living in the golden age, a traveler on a journey of sort. Folks, meeting strangers is one interesting aspect of my life that always bring new ideas and understanding of the true meaning of living on this beautiful world of ours. And blogging in some ways do just that. Through blogging many strangers near and afar soon became friends. This weekend I would be meeting a stranger for tea at my home. Indeed friendship do enriched my life and the lives of my loved one. With that life continue to be beautiful. Colorful all the ways. Have a nice day.

14 comments:

Cik D momy the ZAs said...

salam
its been sooo long since i last visit ur blog. tq pak idrus! ur writing membangunkan saya untuk berfikir ttg perkara2 "senyum" buat seketika. love ur wooden chairs & patio, wish to have 1 oso huhu.

nway pak idrus, what do u think about malay teenagers nowadays, their perception and attitude towards maths subject? maybe we can share some thought? tq pak idrus~~~

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Salam Pak Idrus,

Your house is beautiful! I wish I could take photos as well as you do. I tried to spot the solar eclipse on the first day of CNY as well but it was too cloudy. I was just walking around the garden with sunglasses on like a big fool, waiting to see something that would not show itself!

Yes, this week I will be meeting Zaharan too!

Have fun!

Best regards,
CO78

Pak Idrus said...

LaLaLOLa,thanks for your visit and the good words on my kind of blogging, as well as sharing your thoughts. I am indeed glad that you enjoy my blog.

As for your thoughts on the subject of our teenager and maths, I would deliberate on this sometime later in this blog. Thanks for alerting me on this issue. Indeed an interesting subject to discuss.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

Covert_Operations'78, thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of blogging especially so on photography. I enjoy blogging and photography helps to enhanced the subject.

As for the solar eclipse it is like that when one wait it just did not appear, maybe we would be lucky the next time.

CU this Sunday at my house. I believe you got my email and my address. Have a nice day. Take care.

louis said...

Are those the tops of the Twin Towers peeking out above the roof at the bottom of your picture? Lucky you to have such a view...and of the KL Tower(?) as well.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Sorry Pak Idrus, I didn't receive any email from you. :o(

Unfortunately, this Sunday I will be busy. Morning to afternoon SPCA; night going to watch the KL Muay Thai Challenge with Abang Zawi and gang!

I will be meeting Zaharan together with Patricia. So it looks like 2009 really is a good year for us blog buddies to meet in real life!

Thank you for the invitation! Am positive there will be other opportunities for us to meet up very soon. Since I am at Ampang every weekend anyway!

Thanks,
CO78

Pak Idrus said...

louis, thanks for the visit and the comment.

Yes that are the top of the Twin Tower and the KL Tower. I took that angle to avoid an electric pole and lines, trying to get the the clouds only. I got other shot that shows the Twin Tower from my house. Yes my house have a view of the Twin Tower and the KL Tower. The KLCC is just a five minutes drive from my place. I got the house first and later they build both towers. Great.!!

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

Covert_Operations'78, Thanks for the return visit and giving me more info of the happening this weekend.

Sorry about the email. I think I send the invitation to a wrong address. Anyhow do come over, it is from 4PM on Sunday. Do send me your email via my email address which is at this blog.

Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

dear pak idrus

been a follower to your blog since last year. a lot of interesting thoughts you have shared. keep it up sir!

Pak Idrus said...

headsteadi, thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of blogging. At this age I want to give as much back to the society. Blogging is the best way to share my thoughts as a mean of giving back to the society.

Have a nice day.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
The Nikon is showing its capability exquisitely. Now I can feel the regret of making the wrong choice.

Pak Idrus said...

Zawi, thanks for the visit and the good words.

Well, I got some advice from Steven and also because of the telephoto lens that I already got, thus I bought the D60.

Some people say it is not the camera, rather the person behind the camera that made good images. Well, we have to learn along the way.

Have a nice day.

svllee said...

Dear Pak Idrus, your home is looking so cosy, as always. Just like a Bali villa in KL! That kopitiam table is the best! How's he croaking frog..is he still there?

Pak Idrus said...

svllee, Steven thanks for the visit and the good words on my little home in Ampang Jaya.

As for the frog, it is still there croaking as usual when someone arrived.

Have a nice day.