Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Majestic Kuala Lumpur!!!....






Look at the images above and I am sure you all would agree with me that it is such a majestic event, with the pomp and splendour that befit the colorful country Malaysia. I was there with the millions of crowd that lined the streets, the highways, the elevated highways, the streets and the grounds of Bintang Walk, the Bangsar, the Curve/Ikano, the Merdeka Square, the KLCC and everywhere where the action are accross the country. Lives performances started at eight in the evening and ended awhile at the stroke of midnight to usher in the new year 2008. Revellers continue to enjoy pass midnight. Thats the way to go Malaysian. Enjoy!!.

What a evening for us and the family. This year my spouse and me decided to join our daughter and her family to watch the beginning of the New Year. We all packed in the MPV with our son in law at the wheel. He had done this many times before but we never took the trouble to follow but tonight we did and as usual with him he selected a spot on the elevated highway and parked the MPV there, just like the thousands of others did. We arrived at eleven thirty, half an hour before the Bang!!. By that time just before midnight the cars lined up in three rows all along the elevated highway. As can been see in the images above cars were everywhere, on the highway, below it along Jalan Tun Razak, Jalan Ampang and everywhere the eyes could see. It was indeed a night of glitters that Malaysian took to the streets in peace and harmony to enjoy together in ushering the new year 2008. It was a spectacular shows of gigantic proportions, a colorful panorama of Kuala Lumpur in the night. Not any other night but the night of the first day of the new year 2008. Indeed it is a picturesque sight to watch and enjoy. With my camera I had a field day shooting and enjoy the electric moment in times. What an evening!!.

Friends, enjoy these images as much as I had enjoyed taking it. Have a nice day and may the year 2008 bring greater prosperity to all. Take care..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pak Idrus,
What can I say,,,your picture are life transforming,mesmerizing and fabulously lit up of Kuala Lumpur City light.
One pro photographer said"I don't believe expensive equipment will make you a better photographer.It is merely a tool.It is a person behind the camera,the eye and mind control what and how he shoots.
Well done Sir....

Pak Idrus said...

uncleawang, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this posting. I am flattered. I snapped the night away and enjoy every minutes doing that. I am glad that those images did portray the beauty of our capital with that imposing Petronas Twin Tower, the landmark that our visionary PM, Tun Dr.Mahathir created.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on things photography as suggested in para two of your comment. True what that pro said, we have to use our ingenuity to get a great shot.

I am still learning using the digital camera and I now know that with more pixels you get better images and you do not need flash to do a good job of it. All those images was taken without any flash. The one I used flash did not turn out alright. I myself was surprised as to the quality of the images that I got that evening.

Well, I am indeed glad that you enjoyed it. Of course I do enjoyed snapping it. Have a nice day and take care.

jaflam said...

Pak Said,
Thanks for sharing that beautiful photos of KL skylines on new year eve.

We Malaysian are so lucky to have this beautiful city and I wish peace and harmony for Malaysia throughout 2008.

Pak Idrus said...

jaflam, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on this posting.

Indeed we have a great country with such unique and beautiful buildings. I am glad that you enjoy these images that I took that evening.

Let us together works toward a better Malaysia for all to enjoy. Have a nice day.

changgeh said...

PakIdrus,
There you'd done it again. Better and better.Like the rest of the images you posted before, this one proof the ingenuity in you sir.I'm totally in agreement that its really a majestic event. The pictures tell the whole story.How we missed all the grandeur and splendor of it all. May I have your permission to escalate this to my friend.

Thanks and take care.

Pak Idrus said...

changgeh, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this posting especially of the images of our enchanting Kuala Lumpur. The Petronas Twin Tower tell a tall story indeed. Without it those scenes could be anywhere but the Twin Tower show it is KL our capital city. Had it not been for the vision of the Man, Tun Dr. Mahathir, I doubt there would be such a monument there.

I am glad that you enjoy the images in this posting. Do whatever you like with it, share it with others so that others may enjoy it as well.

Changgeh, to me it is the time of giving, so do enjoy the images as you like best.

Have a nice day and take care.

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,
So that was what happened that night. You see, being not very far away from there, I missed that majestic event. But, looking at your nice, matrix-metered picture, indeed is a pleasure.
You took these pictures without flash, the best way to take night view. I am pretty sure you used matrix metering rather than center-spot or center-weighted metering, wich gives your picture the breath of life. Matrix metering stabilizes the amount of light allowed into the lense, and this is an advanced technique. Now, don't tell me you are an amature.
Enjoyed this one, really enjoyed this one. Have a nice day, take care.

Pak Idrus said...

akmal, thanks for the visit and the kind words on my photography.

Indeed I always try to go one step forward in everything that I do or venture. Just like in any adventure taking images do require so imaginations. Well, the scenes was electric, the event was of gigantic proportion, so I just captured the events the only way I know, THINK, enjoy the image and shoot. VoilĂ  it came out alright. I am indeed happy that the images I took that evening turn out better then I expected.

Your knowledge on photography is beyond me and I am grateful that you are now sharing it with me and the world. Thanks a lots Akmal. Have a nice day.