Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Oh! What a day.... It just had to happen..It is about having a cup of coffee, my favorite drink. And today things does not seem to go right at all on the subject of having a cup of coffee....I love coffee, I take it black with a little sugar, just to taste.... I love the ritual of making a cup of steamy hot coffee every morning for my breakfast.... It is the first hot drink I had in a day.... It is just one of those thing that you would not want to miss when getting up.... Enjoying your first cup of hot steamy coffee..... Today I have a story to tell about coffee...Oh! What a day... It all start like this... I was away on the Volvo Merdeka Run to Bagan Lalang, a beach side resort for a day get together of club's members.... While there after lunch we visited a local three star resort hotel, the only one there and sat down at the Coffee House to have a drink and as usual l ordered a cup of coffee....And when it came, to my surprise it is Coffee with Milk already mixed.... I am rather surprised for I thought that at an establishment such as 'Sri Malaysia' when one order coffee, one would be served with black coffee, hot and steamy, with the sugar and milk are served separately...It is like that when one ordered hot drink of coffee or tea at standard hotel in town and cities.... It is always served separately....What surprised me most here is that it is served with milk as in milked coffee..... Well not to make any fuss, I just drank in without enjoying it..... For I am now confused..... I know for sure that in this country when one order hot drink in a rural area or at traditional coffee shop, when one order coffee,it is meant to be coffee with milk, the same goes with tea....And you say Kopi O or Teh O when you just want coffee without milk......That is well understood by all Malaysian,but at major hostel establishments or coffee houses in town it is different....When you mention coffee or tea to the waiter, then you are served with just black coffee or tea without the sugar, cream or milk....So when I ordered coffee at the Sri Malaysia Hotel in Bagan Lalang, I just ask for coffee and assumed that it is like usual, it is served black accompanied with a try of sugar and milk.... And in this case it is not... Why the change I just could not understand...In this case I did not make a mistake in ordering coffee at this coffee house....So it end that I did not enjoy the coffee at all.....So after paying the bill we proceed on our way back home and this time I took the Nilai Highway and eventually stop at a gas station where there is a small kiosk that sell refreshment and snacks.... We sat down and since it is a self service system....I went to look for coffee, for that Hot steamy Black coffee that I missed having at Bagan Lalang.....There are a few of automat coffee making machines and after scanning around, I place my cup under one of those tap at the machine and press a button and out came a steamy coffee....Happy I took it to the cashier to pay.... And sat to enjoy it..... And guess what..... Again it is not Black coffee, it is a sort of a cappuchino blended coffee with cream.... Well I gave up....I told my wife about it and she say you should read the instruction and take the coffee from the other machine..... Well true enough there is a machine that served Black coffee that I did not notice before.....What a day.....So I set to drink the cappuchino that I had and fret at not having my real coffee, black coffee or Kopi O in our language....This time it is my mistake....Well sometime things just do not get right.....What can I say....It happened....It is not my day... So on getting home the first thing I did is to make myself a great cup of steamy black coffee and this time it is really black coffee.....Great to taste and to my licking.....Oh! What a day...Well friends life is like that and I guessed sometime incident like this that makes life interesting or just colorful...

No comments: