Wednesday, July 07, 2004

It rain and I love rain, so I went out to the patio in front of our house and sat at the kopitian table and watch the rain and the wind that blows hard against the rattan blind that hang out front, I had put up the blind just to get the sun out at some evening and it has being hanging there all the while and once a while when strong wind blows it would just sways and brush against the side of the pillar that support the transparent roof, that keep the rain away, but allow the light to get through...I sat there listening to the pattering of the rain and the sound of the wind and watch the tree sways as the wind blows....There were no bird or insect around...They had fled away just before the rain...So now it is just the sound of the rain and wind bashing the tree against each other, making noise as it does... As I had said I love the rain and the smell of freshness that comes with it and at time it bring memories of my childhood when we would play in the rain in front of our house, careless of the world and enjoying ourselves and shivering in the cold until our little fingers get numb and shrink with the cold... I sat there and my mind wonder in silence and got lost track of the time... I was far away...To nowhere...Enjoying my fantasy....Imagining....And for a while living in fantasy land of a sorts.... A car horned and it jolt myself back to reality..... I laugh and continue to watch the rain... I went in to take a book to read out here while it rain outside....The rain bring down the temperature and it is a bit cool out here... I read a few passage of the book and at time I laugh at the characters that was portray in this book of a story of my county, some years gone by in the colonial period... It tell about a story of an anthropologist who was telling about his experiences while working in Africa.... A friend of his told him that if you want to help the local, you have to learn their language and understand their culture....So while he was doing a research in a village in Africa He was told by his boss that if He want to learn the language he had to stay in the hut for six months.....And stayed He did... And all he did during that time to communicate with the host were to 'point' with his finger at anything that He want and it goes on for the six months he was living in the hut with his host....And he told his friends that all he had learned during all the time was pointing his finger and that the host also did the same thing 'pointing a finger'.... Well that was how he managed to communicate and in the end he never learn the language of the native.... The communication was just done by pointing finger....So that is what makes me laugh... Well at least it makes my day.....

No comments: