Wednesday, March 31, 2004

You know the Volvo 122s classic that I bought recently..... the one that is thirty eight years old.... It has attract lots of attentions..... My friends talk about it and nostalgic about it..... Wherever I park people look and ask to see the engine..... Well I obliged and they are indeed happy to see this vintage is still working in perfect condition.... Being the owner of this beau I am surely happy with all the attraction that it has had.... Little that I know that this car would get this kind of attention from the public especially the young.... Most of the young that look at this car are as yet to be born or are too young to remember, when this car was first driven on our roads... It was then nineteen sixty six..... I was then young and use to see this beautiful car being driven on the roads in Kuantan where I spend my youth.... Little did I realized that thirty eight years later.... I would assumed ownership of one of this Volvo 122s.... the dream car of that time.... There are not many left of the roads now and I am among the few that own this vintage.... A car that I dream of having in my youth and now I own one in my golden age..... What a life..... It is indeed a great pleasure to drive this car, though a little bit hard on the steering without the power steering that we are used in today's modern car.... but once on the road, it just run like any new made cars of today's technology...... Everyone that saw this car admire it and some say that it bring back nostalgic memories of the era gone by....... when most of us were in our youth..... Today a young Doctor, a friend of our son in law came over to see this beau and He was rather amused as to the good condition of this old car.... A vintage of it own class...... When I mentioned this car to a friend in the UK.... This friend say that this car is built like a tank.... Solid and though.... It still look like it even today... What a great engineering this Swedish car is.... Advance for its time and today it does not look to be out of place among the new cars..... So another toy to play with in this golden age......

No comments: