Sunday, March 14, 2004

The urge to write is always there...... I have always want to write, so when blogging arrived, it was indeed a Godsend tool..... so I start writing and ever since my first posting some eight months ago, I have not stop writing and I am happy that I have found the way to express myself on various topics, that I hope would help readers to understand me and my culture, the culture of my people and the country that I love....Malaysia.... A country that is trying very hard to get going and became a developed nation by the year twenty twenty.... It is not an impossible dream.... To me personally we are already there.... for my generation that grew up in the early forty in a country that is still a colony of a western power, the British, this country has progress and prosper beyond my wildest dream...., food are aplenty, there is full employment now and everyone has a house that they could call their home and plenty more ...... I grew up going to an English school so today I think in English first and then translate it into my mother tongue..... Like if you ask me for my telephone number or my Identity Card number..... I would be able to give those number fast in English then in Malay.... It is like that for my generation...... Because of the English language we are now be able to read and understand everything in the English language...... And in school now English is the second language after the national language 'bahasa Melayu' .... I guess that is one reason our works forces are very productive.... the language gave them the edge..... So that is why I am blogging in English.... I am more comfortable writing in English then in Malay.... although my grammar might sometime would not be that good... anyway I am still learning to get it right..... so please excuses me if you find mistake in my grammar, for English is not my mother tongue, it is a language that I learn and fell in love with...... so here I am trying to put my thoughts in writing so as to share it with the world.... Hoping that my thoughts on various subjects could contribute to make this life beautiful.... I know that life can be beautiful if you thing positive of all the happening in everyday life..... Look at the good and positive side of things and always be optimistic in your view.... And then life would reward you will all the goodness in the world...... Other then writing, I love to read and meet people and chat in any subjects and at the same time try to listen to other people point of view..... It is not easy to listen..... but I have learn to listen and it is indeed rewarding........ Some years ago a friend, a Chinaman told me of this Chinese saying..... An old saying with great wisdom and it goes like this " When you drink from a cup, do not forget that the water come from a spring somewhere" It is indeed a word of wisdom and contain deep meaning of life itself....... for everything that happen in life start somewhere.... and we all should never forget this....... This thoughts or this word of wisdom have since became my philosophy of life and because of it,has made my life beautiful beyond my wildest dream...... Believe me..... This Old Chinese saying is indeed a Godsend message for me and I want to share it with the world....... Do take a pause and think hard on this great saying and in a moment you would realized what a gift to life is this word of wisdom....... Once you understood the message in this word of wisdom..... then sharing or giving would be a norm of your life style.... It soon would be a treasure that would be part of yourself..... A gift from haven....... You would always have that feel good feeling inside of you all the time and life would be always beautiful......

No comments: