Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Continuing our journey to the east coast... Well.. we arrived at Kuala terengganu just after two in the afternoon and immediately look for a place to stay a night here..... As I approach the centre of the city, I saw the Sri Malaysia Hotel, so without much a do we book in a family room that could accommodate three adult..... As soon as we settled in my wife and our daughter decided to roam the city on their own, for they knew this city well as we had at one time live and work in this city of Kuala Terengganu.... I was then a Director of the local branch of the Federal Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports...... We live here for a year or so and then I got transferred back to the Ministry in Kuala Lumpur... During the period I served this state, I had the opportunity to visit many rural area of the state, which in nineteen eighty four was not as developed as now..... I took a short rest and then went out to take some snap of the local scene for my collections of images to store in my computer for later use..., One of the interesting things about a digital camera is that one could see the images immediately and that makes lots of difference for if it is not a good photo, then one could take another of the same images.... Well that what technology has done to enhance our life...Making it more interesting day by day... I look at the images that I just took and were satisfied with the result and then went to look for the spouse and our daughter.....Here again the cell phone became handy....By a touch of a button I was able to trace of their where about and then with the information, met them at the Central market.... It would not be possible in the past to communicate this way, especially when one are mobil and had no access to telephone, even with the fixed telephone, only one way communication could be done, that is from outside to the hotel, this mean that I had to wait at the hotel for the phone.... Using cell phone solved all this problems... Since the cell phone are always with the person and could be contact all the time and at any places... Wonderful is it not this tool of communication!!... The Cell Phone... So I just do not have to worry where my other parts are at a given time.... If need be I just make a contact via my cell phone and once in communication, the rest is easy... So with the cell phone there are no excuses of not been able to contact each other, the cell phone is so versatile in that if you could not get communication by voice, you could just send a SMS and your message would arrived in just a mater of seconds and if both fail you could just send a message to the mail box which would alert the receiver that a message is waiting for him or her.... With the cell phone life became simple because one could communicate fast and with ease... For us who are used to the cell phone, it is just difficult to leave home with out it.... In Malaysia today almost everyone have cell phone, so Malaysian are all connected.... What a life.... Thanks to the technology... Distance no longer became a problem to communicate.... The cell phone solved it all.... What a way to live and enjoy life, the achievement of science and technology makes all these happening for us to enjoy and improve our quality of life and a live a life style of its own...a new culture in the making... Back to our adventure in the city of Kuala Terengganu.... I wonder to the little China Town of this city, it look like it is no longer active like before, perhaps the young have left town and only the old folks are left in this little town.... The new township has sprang up at other places and left this place to a world of its own, just for the tourist to wonder and find some piece of history... In a matter of minutes I met my spouse and our daughter and we then continue to walk around this part of the city and then proceed back to our hotel for a rest.....

No comments: