Saturday, December 06, 2003

It is Saturday and we decided to visit the Mall again, so I drove to KLCC and on entering the lobby I instantly saw the change in the deco of the interior of Mall......it now has an atmosphere of Christmas....they have put a huge Christmas Tree in the centre of the main lobby....and the whole area were gear for Christmas Shopping....Something struck me about the Christmas tree, it is not green this time, guess what color it is.....well this time of all the color... they have decided that the tree be Purple...My friends it is Purple....have you seen a Purple Christmas tree before....well to me this is the first time....and it is indeed fantastic to see a new color scheme...a great way to jolt one's perception of a celebration....another festival just after the Great festival of Aidil Fitri barely a week ago...where the same lobby was decorated with the vibrant color of green to suit the atmosphere of the Moslem festival.....and now Christmas are being celebrated where the Christian population is less then five percent of the population....but then it does not matter since Malaysian of all races and religion are used to another festival and this time it is Christmas....wait a minute.....Well the vibrant purple color of the huge Christmas tree together with the other Malaysian art decorations, it make such a wonderful place to enjoy window shopping, dining and what else....Malaysian do...Shopping...A past time culture of the Malaysian....Today the whole mall were throng with shopper......young and old...doing their shopping as though there is no tomorrow.....Reflecting back to the days I was living the USA, where the American never seem to stop shopping....I guess we are behaving just like them...Happy spending the hard earned money to enjoy oneself...shopping.....Slowly but surely has became a Malaysian culture....Well we had our lunch at the Mall's food court and end off doing shopping that we never plan to do and enjoy every minute of it...actually like everyone I was in contact with at the mall.. Wished I had brought my camera with me to take the photo of the giant Purple Christmas tree...well as usual my wife would remind me that....you can come again and take the picture of this year's Christmas tree....well I might just do that...you will get to see the Purple Christmas tree in my blog the next time...and until then...just wonder and imaging.... and visualized of what I am talking about....And enjoy the day....Christmas is still two week away..........Have a nice day....

No comments: