Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The change...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
The dust has began to settled after the election. The result to me is a win win situation, for the Rakyaat [citizen] of this country as well as the country. Personally I am happy. I senses the wind of change before the election and even told some of my friends that there would surely be an upset. Sure enough, once the result kept coming on the Net, the change has just began. The National Front or BN which all the years got a two third majority did not get that this time but got more then enough seats to form the government at the Federal Level. At the state level five states went to the opposition of PKR, DAP and PAS and one of the state is Selangor where I live. We in this area got a new Member of Parliament from PKR and a State Assemblyman from PKR as well. It should be noted that the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur which is adjacent to our area also fall to the opposition members of Parliament. I believe the people especially of these areas are happy with the changes and hope it would brings changes for the better for everyone.

Let me get back to the subject of my happiness. I said I am a happy man, first because I now notice that democracy is progressing well and it do works in this country and the second reason is that I now know for a fact that the generation of the post Merdeka [independence] especially those of my children's generation are already matured in the ways of Politic. The result of this year election shows that this generation of Malaysian do know of how to use the power of democracy which is in their hand. And in this election it is their votes that made that changes. Have a nice day.

No comments: