Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Mall, the cakes and cookies...

Well, what shall I write today. Let me see. I am not sure of what to write. I am thinking while I write this. OK then, I shall write of a new shopping paradise that just open for business in my city of Kuala Lumpur. It is call the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. A very prestige name for a very prestigious shopping mall in the heart of the city, the famous Bintang Walk. Been curious like everyone else in the city, my spouse and me decided to go and have a look of what is this new mall is all about. We knew of the building but has yet to see what is actually so special about this new shopping mall call the Pavilion.

So on one fine Sunday afternoon we drove to the mall taking the Elevated Highway, to Jalan Tun Razak [south] then got into Jalan Bukit Bintang. Just after the junction of the Jalan Imbi is that imposing new building of this new mall. This huge complex is situated between Jalan Bukit Bintang, in front the Star Hill Mall and Jalan Raja Chulan. Actually it sit on the land that once was the Bukit Bintang Girl school. I believe those of you who got their education there know this spot very well indeed.

Since this is our first visit, I drove slowly as I approach the building, looking for all the signboards so that we do not missed the car park. I found it and drove into the basement and fortunate for me I got a parking space at the the first basement. Parked my car there and then went looking for the entrance to the mall. Since it was not only us that are looking, there are others as well, the first timer like us, we just follow the crowds and got into a lift. Out of the lift on the ground floor we soon wonder along, again following the crowds. There are many eating places all around us at this floor. We move on and eventually found the lobby. Got my bearing right and start to have a look around. Soon I found that this mall is really huge. It is seven storeys high with a large retail spaces all over. Just imagine the space that once occupied the Bukit Bintang Girl school, it is that large. We took our time to look around and I believe the others are doing the same and eventually got to the anchor tenant, the Parkson which occupied six floors on one side of the mall. Next to it is The Tang.

The interior architecture is interesting, making it look real grand and cosy. The foyer and the lobby is spacious with a grand entrance from Jalan Bukit Bintang, just in front The Star Hill complex and the Marriott Hotel. If you approach it from the Bintang Walk, you would find a grand stairways toward the main lobby. You walk down this grand stairways and down there you would find the huge concourse. We wonder around and then found a great place to have dinner. The sign says Tony Roma's..Ribs, Sea Food,Steaks. Hungry, we got a table and ordered grilled white cod. Soon the place became crowded with diners. Our orders came and we sat to enjoy it. While doing that a passer by asked is the food good. I told him that indeed it is great. He thanks me and move on. That was that at this new mall and we shall be back again to do some shopping here, the next time.

And now lets looks for something colorful. It is about Cakes, Pastry and Cookies. Just have a look at this site Whiz. It belong to a young homemaker who in her spare times bakes cakes, pastry, and cookies. The array of cakes and cookies in her blog look so colorful. What a creative person she is. From the look, all those cakes, pastry and cookies look great and tempting. I believe it should taste great too. She takes orders and deliver it too. So if you think those colorful cakes are great and want to have a taste of it, her email address is there for you to get in touch. Friends that's what blogerhood is all about. Have a nice day and take care.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pak Idrus! I'm honoured! Thanks for including me in this post, you are such a sweetheart. You know what Pak Idrus, those cupcakes somehow look better in your blog than in mine. Vielen Dank!

Pak Idrus said...

wiz, thanks for the visit and those kind words. To me it is the time of giving and helping is one way of doing just that. Thus I link a site from time to time so that it get more exposure. Have a nice day and Merci vous beaucoup.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum Pak Idrus,

I do go to such place from time to time. Why? Maybe that is the way of 'unwinding' for me. Going with friends to such places do help me to release my stress. But if you ask me what do i bought there, Well, all I bought there are the windows; from many outlets! Heheh.

Pak Idrus said...

akmal, The Mall and such places are the environments of the first world and been there would made you to think of how fast the human race have progress.

In such an environment the mind works differently, thus the process of the change of the mindset. A place like this mall have no place for strange belief, myth and superstition. It is the world of science and technology.

The more we visit to such places the more you mindset changes for the better. Of course it is also a place to enjoy life. Have a nice day.

Pak Zawi said...

pak idrus,
I am going to check on The Pavilion when in KL. Cant be left out when such a mammoth shopping complex is opened. May do Berjaya Mehamall as well since I have only to The Starbuck Cafe but never anywhere inside. Megamalls are sprouting like the proverbial mushrooms after a rainy day.
Thanks for writing about it.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit. Glad that you like what you are reading.

I think we could meet there when you visit KL next. Have a nice day.

Hanafi Mohd Noor said...

Must go there after my workshop. Thanks for the info.

Pak Idrus said...

hanafi, thanks for the visit. Maybe we should discuss about this new mall. Have a nice day and take care.

NaNa said...

Pak Idrus,

I was at the Pavillion on Saturday, for the first time also. The place is enormous.

Didn't do much shopping except for a dozen of J Co doughnuts which I had to queue for about 20 minutes to buy. But, it was worth the wait. The doughnuts were simply and sinfully delicious. :)

Pak Idrus said...

nana, thanks for the visit and sharing your experiences at the mall. Yes it is enormous, adding another playgrounds for us all.

I heard about the dough nuts but did not actually see it. On that visit I was just wondering in a new wonderland. The next time I shall look for the dough nuts that everyone talking about.

Have a nice day and take care.

Rita Ho said...

Pak Idrus ... When I first heard about the Pavillion when I was back home earlier this year, I thought it would be at the former Pavillion Cinema location - corner of Jalan Bt Bintang with Jalan Pudu. What is there now? Is the Pavillion mall larger than Mid Valley Megamall and One Utama? That is hard to imagine! I used to work at MVM when it was the largest in SE Asia. It was a natural dieting system for me walking the floors everyday. :) One Utama became the largest when the extension was opened and now MVM's Phase 2 will open soon to take over the lead. It is amazing that they are able to find enough retailers to fill up the space!

Pak Idrus said...

rita,thanks for the visit and your reflection of the happening in our dear Kuala Lumpur. The next time you come back just let me know and then we can story " from cybersphere to reality".

OK regarding the Malls, I have been to MVM a few times and did not like it, unless someone invite me there I would not just go to shop. My shopping area is KLCC and The Great Eastern Mall, an upmarket mall along Jalan Ampang. One Utama is big, in a way it is an add on. It has a four star hotel now. I like the place but it is on the other side of the town. The Curve near Ikano is great, crowded on the weekend. I like this place moreover it is near Ikea, a store that we love.

It is difficult to compare The Pavilion and the others. The Pavilion is a totally new concept. It is like been in an enclosed stadium seven storey high. It is not round, look at its website and you would get some picture of it. I like the way this new mall is designed. It is an up class mall with easy access unlike the Berjaya Time Square. Jalan Bukit Bintang/Jalan Pudu corner is still the same.

As for the retailers, since the mall is alway filled with them and shoppers, I think it has to do with the increase of the population of the Klang Valley. It is now almost five million people. So with the five millions, the purchasing power is surely great.

Malaysian who live in the the Klang valley actually have a different economic status and have more money to spend. They actually live in the first world. Recently I read that all the condos around KLCC are sold out. No less then a RM1.million each.

That is the reason I live in KL, my first world city. Have a nice day.