Friday, November 23, 2007

888 posting to date...

Yesterday I check my dashboard and found that it shows my posting as 887 and with this posting it is now 888 posting. Well, it look like that I had done 888 posting to date since I started blogging in the year 2003. To the Chinese, eight is a lucky number and since the Chinese has somewhat influence the culture of this country, it do affect the way Malaysian believe and think. I am therefore happy with that numbers and I felt lucky. I have been blogging for more then four years already and happy with it. Making new friends from all the corners of the globes. The young and the old. In the process of communicating in cybersphere I felt that all those bloggers friends whom I met are very close to me, although most I am yet to meet. The Internet has made that closeness possible that no other means of communication could made it. In a way time and distance does not exist anymore. It just evaporate into thin air. I have met bloggers or some strangers from faraway land because of blogging. Like that Frenchman from Brittany. At first he contacted me for some information and then after a lapse of time, out of the blue he call from sunny Langkawi saying that he is there and enjoying his holiday basking in the sun on the beach of Langkawi. Since he has a few hours in KL before catching his flight back to paris, I told him that we could meet and sure enough we met. Had lunch at KLCC and then I took him and his girlfriend to see Putra Jaya and then back to KL, leaving both of them to wonder on their own in KL before getting to KLIA for a flight to Paris. Well with that meeting we are no longer stranger. Of recent because of the Cupcakes I met in person another local blogger Wiz.

I thought that after I retired I would just lie low and enjoy life as it is but with blogging everything changes for the better. It is just like starting a new adventure into the unknown. This time in cybersphere where most of us have never been before. With blogging I began to get into the limelight again and with that getting to know more people of all ages which I never thought possible. When I was working in the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports getting into the limelight was a normal things. But after retiring I thought that there would be no more of that. So getting back into the limelight is a sort of a surprise to me at first. I began to get more exposure and soon get to know more people, as well as people getting to know me. I believe in a way it has to do with my bloggers friends, like Rocky and Jeff who from time to time link my blog in their posting. By doing that gave my blog more exposure. Thanks buddies, that is what bloggerhood is all about. And because blogging at time hit on the raw nerves of the authority we get more and more publicity. It in a way makes me happy as well.

Had it not been for blogging I would not have known, to mentioned a few those bloggers like R.Ho who live in one corner of the US and Wwi in a land call the Golden Sand. Soon I would be meeting Wwi in real life. Probably sometime this month when he and his spouse are on duty to babysit at his children's home in KL. Well at this age Grandpa and Grandma love to do it from time to time. Once my spouse and me did just that in Boston, US for one year and enjoy doing it. Only from time to timelah as the Malaysian says and not alwayslah. And then there is this blog that I frequented, who at time would get lost in a faraway land in the Antarctic or somewhere and write beautiful anecdote or smash the authority with her kind of blogging. When her blog get idle I got worried. Maybe she forgot to wake up from hibernating in the North Pole. Hi!! Rox, hope you are OK and enjoying life. Actually I am yet to meet her in person. Perhaps one of these days who knows!!

Some people ask me what do I blogs. I told them that I write anything that comes to my mind and that I do not write much on politic or religion. Let leaves all the politic to the young bloggers like Rocky, Jeff and the others, who are good at it. I would just do a little of politic my way and go on blogging on the reality of living and enjoying that. When I am in cyberspace of course I visit as many blogs as possible and enjoy those creative and powerful writing of bloggers from all over the world which includes the like of Ruby, who happened to be a Leo like me. She is well articulate and interact very well when people posted comments in her blog. I notice that she never failed to reply to all those posting, which sometime became sort of a chatroom happening. I would have written like her had I been her age but now in my golden age I would just prefer to color my posting the way I like it. Hay!! Ruby go on and blog your mind and enjoy doing it.

Then there are the good people out there who includes my blog in their Blogroll. One of such person is Lynn. Thanks Lynn, I do enjoy your blog. And of course our own blogroll like Sopo and BolehBlogs. It provides a one stop avenue to get to read blogs in the other region of the world as well as the local one, without doing the Search!!!. And then we have the Project Petaling Street site [PPS] where we could ping our posting to get more exposure. The good people of PPS were the first to organised a Get Together cum Dinner some years ago. Hay!! what about organising another one. The last time we all met it was really great!!.

Blogging is here to stay, so I hope that the authority especially the Information Ministry would realised the important of the Citizen journalists [bloggers] and works with them to get information and ideas from everywhere in the country. By doing that stories and news in the mainstream media would reflect the actual thinking of Malaysian everywhere. Well it has been great blogging all those years and I am enjoying it. So it look like the number 888 do bring happiness to me as well. Have a nice day.

37 comments:

stat30fbliss said...

Your travels sound enlightening. best of wishes from America!

Pak Idrus said...

stat30fbliss, thanks friend for the visit,the kind works and the greeting. I did enjoy living in America. It is a great place to be and enjoy life. Have a nice day to you Sir. Take care.

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,

Oh my, 888 already? Shame on me I started quiet late.*sigh*...
Yours has always been an inspirational for me.

Before I start blogging, the WWW to me is all about IM, friendster, e-mail, and when doing assignments and researches, the source of information. I cannot afford to buy those expensive medical books, so this is just the place for me. I never even bothered to explore more about the internet...

....and then, you were on the screen and added up another meaning of the WWW to me.

I cannot thank you enough.
Good day(",).

ps. Do pray me doing well on my study(",).

Pak Idrus said...

akmal, thanks for the visit and those kind words. The Internet is the best tool our species have every had since knowing of how to make fire. It open to all the possibilities, for cybersphere is bigger then our good earth that we live on now.

This is just the beginning and by the time you reach my age the Internet would have evolved beyond our wildest dream. But we have to open our eyes, ears and our hearts and accept what comes and use it for our own advantages.

To survived we have to have knowledge and the Internet is one easy way to get it. In Blogging you actually help to enriched the knowledge bank in the Internet, thus help others.

As for prayer, just talk less about this. Analyzed this Sufi saying " Tie the camel legs first and then pray" and perhaps you would understand what I meant.

Have a nice day and take care.

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,
You are right. Work first, pray later. No point in waiting for good stuffs if we are not fighting for them.
Good day(",).

Pak Idrus said...

akmal, thanks for the return visit. Great that you got the message loud and clear. Stay focus all the time and you would surely succeed in whatever you do. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Salam Pak Idrus,
Finally I have the time to drop by your blog again... its been hectic these couple of weeks... settling the necessaries before sending my daughter back home for her Law Foundation at UiTM, etc... they don't have A Level Law here in KSA. Anyway, good to hear that you've done 888 for your posting! I've been tempted to have my own blog, have had some good encouragement from bloggers, but alas, not the time yet I believe... just couldn't find or dedicate the time yet. So, I'll keep on visiting other blogs, including yours! Take care & salam.

Pak Idrus said...

dhahran sea, thanks for the return visit and the kind words on my blogging, as well as sharing your family news with me.It is real nice to know that your kid are doing well indeed.

Blogging is good for our mental faculty. It do in a way keep me healthy. And at the same time happy to share my thoughts with the world, trying in a small ways to make the world of ours a better place to live and enjoy life.

Hope that you could find the time to blog. Have a nice day and take care.

Unknown said...

Hello Pak Idrus,

Oh my word!!! You've done 888 entries?? Oh my word indeed!

Congratulations on this success Pak idrus. I take my hat off to you for your perseverence and commitment. Kudos!

Duh! How sweet of you to mention me in such a complimentary manner. I feel so honoured that you included me here Pak Iderus...ahh..I am walking on the clouds already. Thank you, thank you.

Oh yes we are both Leos..ha ha! Leos are warm, creative, happy, motivated, pro-active and everything nice kan? LOL!

Pak Idrus, why not get some of your entries printed in a book. We then have 10 forewords from your blogger friends Rita, Rocky, Wiz and yours truly and oh we get Marina too..how about that. (Foreword saja make it 10 pages with photos..ha ha, being part of the attraction). How's that as an idea? To be launched by..hmm..er..ok..how about Pak Lah..va va voom. Best kan?

Pak Idrus, thank you again for the high compliments and I am so touched and honoured. Lovely indeed. Again, CONGRATULATIONS for a job well done! Cheers.

Pak Idrus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pak Idrus said...

ruby, thanks for the visit, the kind words and the comments on this posting. As well as sharing your thoughts in Blogging.

Indeed it did cross my mind to turn those posting into a book, well I think it would materialized in due course what with those forwards from you guy which would filled half the book.!!.

Since your blog did piece of interest as well it provoke the thinking process, I thought that it would be nice to refer your blog to the others who frequent my blog. And I am indeed glad that you are happy as well. Getting someone happy is part of the goal of my blogging. You must have smiled and enjoyed it. That Ruby made my day.

As for the Leo things one thing that I know and you know for sure is that Leo are kind hearted and have hearts of gold. They are sincere of what they say and do, which sometime offended people who did not like the truth. But been good hearted and concerned with the quality of life, they do have to play that role of a lion, which roar from to time but still a loving cat.

Have a nice day and take care.

Big Boys Oven said...

Pak Idrus, I do agree with you so much about blogging. As for me,it also serve as an escaptism for me where I can relax my mind and write without worrying about other things. Love iit will continue to do so and meet more blogging friends

Pak Idrus said...

big boys oven, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on blogging. As I had often said blogging is a great tool for creative writing and also to share our thoughts with the world.

By writing we Think, thus it keep our mind active. This would eventually lead to a healthy life.

Sharing is good to the society at large, as well it give us the satisfaction of giving in as small ways of what we could.

Great to know that you enjoy blogging and would continue blogging.

BTW I smell something nice coming from your over.Have a nice day and take care.

svllee said...

Dear Pak Idrus, congrats to your milestone postings..the more we share, the more we can understand each other..more effective than any organised national training can do. we look forward to another 888 postings..!

Pak Idrus said...

steven, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on blogging.

Agreed that the more we share the better we would be. Blogging is the journalism that is going to affect the society especially Malaysians. Before blogging the only information and ideas come from the Mainstream media only. Now things are beginning to change, slow it maybe but it sure going to made a difference.

I shall continue to blog and enjoy doing it. BTW it sure is cold in London now. Have a nice day and take care.

Pak Zawi said...

pak idrus,
Congratulations on your 888 postings, an impressive number by any reckoning. I will try to emulate your success.
Currently I am in Amanputra Puchong and has only a folding bike to move around. May take me half a day to reach Ampang via that conveyance, that is if I could survive KL traffic which is not really bicycle friendly. Hopefully when my children are free on weekends we could have coffee together.
Carry on blogging and aim to hit the 1000 posts soon. May success be with you.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this posting. Well blogging keep me active other then of course meeting new people that would otherwise not possible.

I believe the situation at Amanputra as the name suggested is peaceful and would give you another mindset to think of what to blog next.

As for traveling in a place where we do not have the normal mode of transport, we have to adapt. When I was living in Boston and other cities in the US, I did not own a car, so the public transport was my only mean of communication. Eventually it just became second nature to take the the T [LRT] in Boston or the Bus. And it works perfect and I enjoy the bus ride.

Well I hope that we would meet soon to have coffee or whatever, so just give me a call and I shall be there to pick you up. Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Hello Pak Idrus,

Thank you for your warm kind words especially about Leos..ha ha.

I am so pleased to be mentioned by you and I forgot to say I am even more thrilled being mentioned in this 888th blog. When you do publish I would rush to look at this article and hope with photo too..ha ha!

Take care.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
I am a survivalist too. Just went round the area on my bike and found the bus terminal for Rapid KL and Metro in neighbouring Puchong Putra. All I need to do is cycle to there and take any of them to reach Pasar Seni or Kota Raya. It will be easier if we just meet up there for a chat.
My own children cant tell me where to take the public transportation as they only use their cars to move about. Had to find them out myself. So now I can go to KL on my own when necessary and no need to hitch a hike with her since she will leave the house at 6 am to reach her office at Menara Affin KL. I think thats pretty close to Ampang rite?

changgeh said...

Pak Idrus
I was really touch and very much in agreement when you say 'Blogging is good for our mental faculty. It do in a way keep us healthy. And at the same time happy to share our thoughts with the world, trying in a small ways to make the world of ours a better place to live and enjoy life. Im a retiree just like you. The difference is that you had 888 postings under your cap while mine has just begun. That picture of yours. You dont look 68 at all. Ok bye for now .Looking forward to hear more from you.

Pak Idrus said...

ruby, thanks for the return visit on this posting as well as the kind words on including you in that posting. Well, it do add color to my posting and I am glad that it made you happy as well. BTW regarding the Book, it is getting warmer. Take care.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the return visit and the additional information as to your adventure in the urban jungle of Puchong.

KL is my city so just let me know where and I shall meet you. In the meantime take care and cycle around and you would learn more of what urbanite do. Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

changgeh, thanks for the visit, the kind words on my posting as well as sharing your thoughts on blogging. I am indeed glad that you share my thoughts on the benefits of blogging. Sir, true it do keep me healthy and at the same time making more friends along the ways and now in You.

As for blogging one has to start with the number One and not to worry where you are going. Just proceed blogging and enjoy doing it and I am sure hardly you realized, it would be in hundreds.

I am indeed glad that I now have a blogger friend of my age group [younger I think] living in Trengganu and this would be great when I visit Trengganu next. As you know blogger love to write and surely they love to talk as well. So one of these days we shall me in KL or Trengganu.

Regarding the photo, that my friend is the latest image of me taken during the TV9 talk show.

Have a nice day and take care.

Anonymous said...

Blogging does keep you healthy apart from gardening and squirrel feeding. I could really see the glow in your face when I went to send the cakes Pak Idrus, so continue writing and information sharing, as there will always be people who enjoys your posts.

Mior Azhar said...

Pak Idrus,
888! Way to go sir. And we are anticipating for 888 more entries. Congratulations!

Pak Idrus said...

wiz, thanks for the visit and the kind words.

Like I wrote in this posting blogging do keep me active and thus it keep my mind alert. With that it keep me healthy as well and of course happy. One of the keys to good life is happiness.

I shall go on writing my thoughts which by itself is already self fill fulling. It add a new dimension when others visit and give comments.

Have a nice day and take care.

Pak Idrus said...

mior azhar, thanks for the visit and the kind words on my posting.

Well I shall go on blogging for it give me satisfaction of sharing my thoughts with others.

Friend giving and sharing are the order of the day, making my golden years so colorful and I am enjoying it.

Have a nice day and take care.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
Immensely enjoyed your company and the coffee at The Coffee Club. Would love to meet up again when my spouse is here this coming 14th of Dec.
Lost my way for taking the wrong Rapid KL bus 70 to Puchong Perdana and not Bus 69 to Putra Perdana at Pasar Budaya Bus Hub which is a mess really. Their staff are hopeless. Learnt my lesson well to be more certain of my destination next time and not rely on hunch alone or guess work.
Reading GUIT now.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the return visit. I too had a great time yesterday. Meeting you was like meeting an old friend. Well life is like that to be enjoyed and shared.

Sorry that you got lost in the urban jungle. We all have to learn from time to time and getting lost is one way of learning. Yes, let meet again when your other half is here. Have a nice day.

J.T. said...

Hello Pak Idrus

I arrived here via Ruby's blog.

Congratulations on your 888th posting. I am impressed that you started blogging earlier than anyone I have known. More than that, you have been able to keep up with it since you started.

Wishing you many more memorable experiences as you continue to share your thoughts in the blogosphere.

Pak Idrus said...

j.t. thanks for the visit and the kind words on my blogging. I love to blog. Since I found blogging my world has changed for the better. It sort of rejuvenate my life. Writing is my passion, blogging indeed a godsend tool for that.

I shall continue to blog and share my thoughts with the world. Just posting a piece already made my day. Have a nice day and take care.

NaNa said...

Pak Idrus,

Congratulations for reaching this far and my first reaction when I read your posting was "WOW".

Blogging, indeed, is good for our mental faculty. It keeps our mind active an creative. Look at you... Who would have guessed that you are in your 60's.

Well, looking forward more many many more postings from you Pak Idrus. Perhaps another 888 more?

Pak Idrus said...

nana, thanks for the visit and the greeting. Well like any new tool it is of how we utilized it. As for me blogging let me do so much in trying to put in writing my thoughts, so I just blog whatever that's come to my mind and enjoy it.

When we write we think at the same time. It surely activate our thinking faculty. Our health depend of the state of our mind, so an active and clean mind would surely produce a health body as well.

I shall try to continue blogging the way I know best and enjoy doing that. And I hope those who visit my blog would benefit from those posting.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Rox said...

Congrats pak idrus! 888 - wow! Sorry lah for so late comment - actually, I like to read others' comments first and make sure I'm the last! Now, I'm wondering when I'll ever reach my posting number 888 ... Reading you is good medicine (I often go back to your older posts when I miss my beloved country), and thank you for them.

Pak Idrus said...

roxanne, thanks for the visit and kind words on my posting. I blog the way I like it and it keep me busy as well as healthy. It is a great therapy both for the mind and the physical body.

Hope you have a great time in whatever you are doing. Keep blogging and have a nice day.

IBU said...

Salam Pak Idrus ...

Congratulations on your 888th entry.

I must share this funny thing which just happened. I clicked on your blog from someone else's. Was concentrating hard on the first para when suddenly the keronchong came out loud to the max on the pc speaker. Hahahaha.... Not just startled me. But also my kids!! School hols, semua nak tidur bilik ibu, semua pun bangun lambat!

Hafiz, 6 & Ameer, 4 sat up straight and with their droopy eyes half opened, asked almost simultaneosly, "Bunyi" apa tu ibu?

hahaha.... soothing to some ears, wake up call to others!

But it is indeed soothing ... they've gone back to sleep now. hehehe...

Pak Idrus said...

ibu, thanks for the visit and the kind words on my posting. I am indeed happy the background music on my blog did give some sort of a shock treatment to your great family. That shows how great this music is.

I love that music and song. It about the Malaya that I love. A great song from my generation. I hope the young would continue to enjoy this great music of ours..Semalam di Malaya. BTW did your kids knows what is Malaya!!

I believe you are from the generation of my children. You do have a great family there. Have a nice day and take care.