Saturday, November 17, 2007

That elusive squirrel....


There you are, I got it!!!. That elusive squirrel that frequent my little garden. I had been feeding it with cut apple for years already and has never had a chance to get a snap of it until that afternoon [Thursday November 15,2007]. Every days and for years I had placed a plate of cut apple to feed the family of squirrels that I know live somewhere around my garden where orchids and other greens turn it into an eco system of a sort. Little birds, butterflies, dragonflies as well as other insects seem to enjoy this little paradise that I had nurtured. It is my ways of bring back nature to my doorstep, the patio in front of my house.

There is a kopitiam table there where we would sit to enjoy the days. At time with friends who come to visit or just with our family. It is a small place but it is a place that we could call our our paradise, where orchids blooms and green plants grows in harmony with each other. There is a small fish pond there with water flowing into the pond. This provide the sound of water splashing all day long. We all have to find a way to bring back nature as well as the Kampong [village] atmosphere to our surrounding in the city, so this is my ways of doing just that.

As I was about to go out I saw that squirrel sitting on the wooden fence munching it meal of apple. This time it seem not to worry so much. I believe after all those years it has became sort of use to my presence. So I quietly went in to take my camera. Got it ready and went to the front door again and sure enough it is still there eating the apple. I aimed the camera and managed to take two snaps before it move on. It was indeed a great moment for me. I got this elusive squirrel digitized after all those years waiting for the right moment like this. So my years of waiting has finally bear fruit. I am sharing this great and beautiful moment in time with all to enjoy. Have a nice day..

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,

Sweet! You have such cute animal living in your place, and you feed them! Pahala tu(",).
It must be soothing to have such view at your place.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

akmal, thanks for the visit and the kind words. Well it is part of the eco system. Sharing is beautiful so lets share and make life as colorful as the rainbow. Have a nice day and take care.

Pak Zawi said...

pak idrus,
Lucky you. I have yet to photograph the squirrels frequenting my garden. I guess I must bait it too in order to get it to come more often. Relying it to come and feed on the ciku fruits alone doesnt seem to be enough. I may need a better camera too that can fit a 200 mm telephote lens probably?

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit and the kind words. Well I think it works both ways. We share our foods with the animals, birds and insects so that they may enjoy living as well. In return I believe they would give us back what we want, just images of them from time to time.

We enjoying our photography and sharing the images with everyone to enjoy. Making living so colorful. Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

PakIdrus,
I think the squirrel was getting tired playing hide-and-seek with you. Maaysian squirrels are not like US squirrels, aren't day?

Pak Idrus said...

ana, thanks for the visit and the comment.

Well, it look like the squirrels in the US are very friendly, so friendly that it swamp all over your picnic area, wanting to enjoy the food as well. And it is easy to get images of it.

But here it is the opposite, they are so shy and would run when it see our species. I believe it would be friendly as we learn to coexist. Have a nice day.

shankar~selina said...

Squirrels steal bird food. I had to chase them away. We have too many of them. They are very smart. Try placing wild bird seeds in a difficult place. They will get it.