Saturday, July 16, 2005

Where..Dimana...

I seem to have lost contact with a friend of mine who live in London...He may be in hospital, a sorts of a ritual that he get to do from time to time at this age or he is traveling somewhere in the old countries in Europe and maybe at this moment in time enjoying himself in a Pub somewhere, yarning about old times among his buddy,perhaps some old mates that served with him fighting the terrorist communist in Malaya during the colonial era...Or His humble Computer did it again, it broke down or attacked by virus....Maybe just Maybe that is what happen, hence no way to communicate via the internet...He seem to love Malaysia and off and on He would pop up in Kuala Lumpur and call me saying that he is coming over and we would meet and talk about old time...But now despite my many emails He has not replied...So where is he... Recently I send him the movie sepet , it was a surprise...He replied thanking me for the surprise gift...Saying that He enjoyed the movie, asking me how is that Malaysian are daring enough to make such movie.. I told Him we have grown up and moving on...With the London Bombing still fresh in my mind, I am concerned and hope that he is well and kicking and at present in the best of health...I have always treasured my friendship and getting in touch from time makes live so wonderful. When you are young and busy with making a living you take friendship just like that and as we journey on in life we lost contact...I found out that true friends are always in contact, wherever we are, for that is what true friendship is all about...I met this English gentleman, a stranger at that time when I was traveling on Ferry Malaysia that ply the state of Sabah, Sarawak and Peninsular Malaysia...It was years ago and after that we have been in contact all along and became close friend...So when I seem not to be able to made contact with him...I am wondering as to what has happen...But then as the saying goes 'No News is Good News" so I take that everything is OK with him...I hope that He is in the best of health and would laugh on reading this...Paken...That is life...Enjoy and take care... One thing more...He could speak and write Bahasa Melayu...Apa khabar Paken...Bagaimana dengan Komputer anda...

2 comments:

shidah said...

i hope he is well where ever he may be. Good to have old friends around right pak idrus? New friends too.

Pak Idrus said...

Shidah, Ya He is well, just got an email from him, true he is just out of the hospital and now enjoying life as usual...Friends, Shidah are like priceless treasures...take care.