Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Why?....... I guess why we human have gone this far is that we keep asking the question Why and eventually got the answer to it....but at time we just simply did not want to take the trouble to look for the answer .....we are just satisfied with the effect of things..... like why is the my teh tarik taste better in a glass and not that tasty in a cup or the roti canai taste better at the Mamak's stall, then eaten at home..... I personally never like my teh tarik in a cup, it a no no to me, I love it served steaming hot in a tall glass ....to me it look and taste better.... as for coffee to me it taste better in a cup then in a tall glass...why???..... I do not know... what I do know is that it just taste better. It is the same with foods, like the sandwich, the triangular shape one seem to taste better then the square one....Again try eating burger, not with two round bun but with two pieces of square bread.......Not that good eh!!!....Why....In Malaysia we have this food that is served on banana leaves, a south Indian dish, a complete food, a sort of a buffet on banana leaves...It would not be the same if served on plate....that is served on banana leaves taste better....Why... Thinking of it make me want me to rush to the nearest banana leave's restaurant and enjoy those tantalizing food, with rasam and tiaru........Why is that we enjoy eating with friends more then eating alone......Why is that Chow Kwai Teow taste better if fried in front of us and eaten at the hawker's table....Pack it and bring it home to eat, it just not taste as good...Why.....Why is that the mamak's Kepala Ikan [fish head] curry so tempting and delicious when eaten with a group and end off with a bowl of cendol......Why is that this mamak's cendol taste great and out beat others......It would not be the same if we bring it home and eat it in our own environment,... it still taste better at the Mamak's road side stall under the shade of trees....Remember the last time you were there enjoying those Kepala Ikan curry....Its was delicious.....Forget the Why....just enjoy it ...that's is Malaysian way of life....eating is part of our culture....enjoy.....

No comments: