Friday, February 01, 2008

A fusion call Joy...

The evening was hot and humid. It was one of those day when you wish that the weather would be just a bit cool. But been in the tropic one can expect that kind of weather any day. Despite the heat I went out to my patio to enjoy the fresh air at my little garden. An orchid that has just started to bloom draws my attention. I took a little steps and went to admire it. At that moment in times it struck me that it would be great if I could just immortalized that scene and share it with all to enjoy. Got my camera and took a few snaps and got one that I think worth sharing. I am not sure what to name it, since it is not only the image of that orchids but other elements as well. The orchids soon became a part of the whole well in harmony with the rest, the plant, the Terracotta pots, the bamboo blind and the this and that, that made my little garden a special place of my own. A place where nature do give me its best whenever I am there and today it give me the above image, that the I shall call Joy.. Have a nice day..[Note: The above image was taken on January 31, 2008 at 8.53pm without using flash]

6 comments:

Hi&Lo said...

Pak Idrus,

You have a keen eye for beauty in the simple things in life as depicted thru your lenses.

Your pic is simply rustic.

Continuing where you left off in the last thread, just now bumped into an old friend who was formerly press sec to one ex-chief minister. He lamented how he was now discarded after his faithful and loyal services.

I told him that is the way of politics. When he was needed, he was treated with respect and decorum. But once his usefulness is over, he is a nobody.

I was very honored he called me a true friend.

Pak Idrus said...

hi&lo, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this posting as well as sharing your thoughts on the subject of Friendships.

I am indeed glad that you enjoy the image as much as I had enjoyed taking it. To me every creations are things of beauty and we should take some times to admire and with that you would enjoy those little things.

As for politic, well, politic is the art of the possible. What you did was right in been kind to him. Telling him the truth is the kindness thing to do. Those who want to get into politic should understand that it is a different world indeed and must be prepared for every eventuality including of what happen to your friend.

My advice is that it is the past, so learn from history and move forward with wisdom. We all should live in the present for the present is intangible and with us only for a moment in times. The future we are yet to know. Remember today, the present is yesterday future.

In friendship the truth always prevail. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

You remarked in your narrative, Pak Idrus, that it was the whole harmonious scene that moved you and inspired you.

I happened to open your blog and your photo while looking out my front widow at a completely different scene: no color except the green of the tall cedars, contrasting starkly with the totally bare and shivering deciduous trees. And instead of your Tropical warmth, a chilly, near freezing world.

Your cheerful orchid and its surroundings were a fine counterpoint to my scene and enlivened it.

Pak Idrus said...

louis, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this posting and happy that you enjoy that image and the orchids that start its all.

Orchids is a species that always attract our species with its elegant forms and colors. Indeed it is the orchids that inspired me to write that posting. In a way it made one to appreciate the weather wherever we are. You in that freezing world, a little warmth by that image and me in the hot and humid world a bit cool. That is our world and indeed a beautiful world indeed.

The Internet has made it possible to be at many points on the planet at the same time. Without the Internet it would not be possible.

Happy that in a way my posting today made your day. And in turn made my day as well. Take care.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
Sometimes the simplest of things can be beautiful if we look at it from a certain perspective. Whatmore with all colours and hues of orchids.
I am thinking of doing something soon based on this inspiring post by you.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit and am glad that this posting did trigger your thoughts to try the same approach in seeing our surrounding. Have a nice day.