Thursday, December 08, 2005

Another colorful day....


Well.. I wake up to another beautiful day... It did not rain this morning although it rain last night.. So as usual my other car which is park outside the house is wet again...It is the classic Volvo 122 that is one of its kind in the neighborhood where I live.. Even without the rain, I still had to clean it so that it had that great look of a classic...As usual the ritual start with getting my patio clear and in good looking after the end of the day yesterday...Our patio are in two parts, one is the 'serambi' made of wood and plank and it has that traditional Malay house look and the other part has slate tile floor, together with the fish pond and the small fountain, some banana and bamboo plants,small shrub and ferns, it give these space a sort of a rough and rural look with a difference..The ornamental Banana Plant that I had planted and nurtured had grown well and its gorgeous pink fruits add color and glamour to my patio...When it rain the translucent roof protect the space from getting too wet, but at the same time one could see the rain drops as well as hear the pattering sound of that rain as it drop on the thin translucent roof...I love to be there when it rain...Especially to enjoy that special freshness smell that only comes with the rain....As usual all the greens had to be watered and weeded, so that it do not turn into a jungle...In the tropic if you neglect an area for a while it would turn into a sort of a jungle, so not to allow such things happen, a regular tending had to be done...So today I took to weeding and watering these space outside my patio and while doing that my cell phone beep...I stop doing whatever and accept the call... What a surprise!!, it is a call from an old school friend that I had lost touch....It was great indeed to get in touch again...We talk a while and promise to do more later and perhaps meet....I would write more about this friend of mine later...What a day...It has indeed been an enjoyable day....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,
A gorgeous banana plant you got there.

Liz said...

Assalammualaikum Pak Idrus,

How are you? It's been awhile since I leave any comments here.

Well, the banana really caught my eyes :) We have such bananas in the Botanic Garden as well.

Just to add a little information. Scientifically, the genus of this banana is 'Musa ornata' and the species is 'Ornate Banana' originated from India. This type of banana usually is called 'Pisang Derhaka' because they shoot upwards unlike the normal ones.

I am now enjoying myself tremendously getting to know the species of each plants in the garden :)

Pak Idrus said...

Anasalwa, Thanks for the visit...I planted it in a pot and it did grow well...

Liza, Thanks for those info..The Malay name for the plant show the feudal mind set of the Malay...this gorgeous plant deserved a better Malay name...Hope you could do justice to it...

Ni said...

wuish... pisang derhaka!

pak idrus, mana gambar volvo nya?

Pak Idrus said...

Makhariz, thanks for the visit, for the image of the volvo do search my archive...thanks.