Monday, May 16, 2005

Talking about luxurious........

I have being toying with the idea of completely redo my bathroom, the attached bathroom to the master bedroom...I have already upgraded the common bathroom and it look great and love by everyone, includes the guests...So it is time that I upgrade the other bathroom, my own bathroom... For a start I had to get ideas..., my visit to IKEA give me some ideas and decided on an item to buy there, then I visit Jalan Ipoh, the street where they sell all the hardware for any home improvement projects...Rows and rows of shops that sell everything under the sun that has to do with housing...A friend that had decided to do the same thing with his two bathrooms in a condo that he live, decided to follow me on this adventure to Jalan Ipoh, to wonder and look for ideas and hardware for our projects....Me, I had some rough ideas of what I want my new bathroom to look like, I want it to be like those in the five stars hotels, beautifully designed and well built and at the same time great to use...After all the bathroom is an important aspect of the home, making it an enjoyable place to be from time to time would surely enhance our quality of life...The small luxury that we could afford in our own home...So why not upgrade the existing bathroom and give it a luxurious look and function....So I set on this fact finding trip to Jalan Ipoh and met a few of those good people who are professional in their trades, that sell these hardware and found a few that are very helpful, in giving ideas and suggesting material to use...Jimmy the General Manager of one of the company that sells bathroom hardware took much of his time to explain his concept of what a good bathroom is all about...He suggest some concept that I had not thought before, my thoughts before that was rather stereotype and never thought of any other way of doing a new bathroom...So he sat with me for hours and on that first visit I did not decide on any things...My friend Pa*l was actually doing the purchase since he had already had an idea of what he want for his new bathrooms...This project had been on my mind all week, I guess that is why I had not blog regularly in the last few days...Other then that I was actually spending my time reading a very good book that I just got .. I read it all in just a few days and enjoy the knowledge that I gain in this Godsend book...Well from time to time good book like this appear when we really need it......Coming back to my project of the bathroom...I toy with the ideas given by Jimmy and decided that it is indeed a good concept and worth a try....So today I decided to proceed with the purchase of the tiles for the bathroom and at the same time look for the other hardware such as the bowls and other bathroom accessories and material to enhance the look of my new bathroom, thus giving it a luxurious look... Well friends there are no end of improving a home....Life is like that..To enjoy.

3 comments:

Leyla Shuri said...

Nice to know you pak idrus, hop from anasalwa's place.

Pak Idrus said...

halela, thanks you for visiting, have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

A