Thursday, May 01, 2014

Just Wandering...



April 15, 2014 was a beautiful day so I decided to go for a walk. Yes for a walk. During this week it always rain in the afternoon, a welcome rain indeed. So I decided to do the walk in the morning part of the day. Normally it would start raining just after four in the afternoon. I love walking and take the time while walking to enjoy the scenes around and do some photography. I drive the Honda to the KLCC car park and then start walking using the tunnel-walkway from the KLCC to the Bukit Bintang area. Carrying a haversack with my camera, my iPad and a bottle of drinking water I start walking slowly, snapping some image using my camera. I dangle the camera and walk slowly. The Tunnel-Walkway from KLCC to Bukit Bintang at the Pavilion is 1.3 kilometres long one way. I have Blog about the tunnel/walkway here. So it was just a nice walk in the cool comfort of the air-condition walkway. I just took it easy and wander along enjoy the walk with my mind running wild. There are many people walking both ways in this busy walkway. Folks would walk to and fro KLCC- Bukit Bintang- KLCC. It sort of a short cut from both areas of the city. Both sides of the tunnels were decorated with painting or advertisement turning the area into a colourful walkway. There is a small food court near the Aquaria and since it as yet a lunch time the place is not as crowded as it would during lunch time. I just took a slow walk and move on toward the Convention Centre and then take the escalator and move forward toward the Pavilion. [ The image above is in the Pavilion]

At this part of the walkway one can see both sides of the Bukit Bintang road from the top with cars rushing both sides; a busy road indeed. I continue my walk into the Pavilion Mall and then went to the food court below to have my lunch. I decided to just have a light lunch of Ipoh Kwey Teow at the Little Ipoh stall there. I sat down at one of the table and enjoy my food. Soon the place became crowded with lunchtime crowds. Soon two young men join my table to enjoy their lunch. They are stranger who eventually became  my friends. I finished my lunch and continue to sit there and chat with the two. I soon found that both of them are working at the banks nearby. One grew up in the rural area of Kedah while one in Kelang.. Both of them are from the generation of my kids. It was really nice to talk to them. After having their lunch they left to get back to their office nearby. I continue to sit down and while my time on Facebook and enjoying the day. 

After a while I walk along the Bukit Bintang Street toward the Low Yat Plaza, my destination. The street was already crowded at that time with tourists and the local, perhaps going for lunch or shopping. I notice that everywhere there are detour path to allow folks to get from one point to the other since there are construction everywhere for the MRT. For a while folks had to bear the difficulties but when the MRT system is completed folks would be able to get to the other parts of the city much easier. I move on with the crowds and eventually got to the Low Yat Plaza. 

The Low Yat Plaza is the mecca of all things electronics. Everything electronics under the sun is sold there. Just before moving on I stop at the Starbucks along the corridor there and order coffee and then set at one of the table to enjoy the free Wifi. After a while I move on into the mall. It was already throng with folks looking for computers, electronic parts, cell phone and others electronics gadgets. I browse around and found a shop where I enquire about the applications for TV reception. Got a friendly salesman to explain of how some gadget works. He knows his stuff well indeed and since the items that I wanted to purchase is a bit expensive I was happy to have been provided with extra information on that. I thanks him and would most probable go back to buy it. 

I decided to leave the Low Yat Plaza and walk back toward the Pavilion. I thought that its best I get to the Pavilion before it start to rain. As usual the street is still throng with tourists walking on both directions. I stop and took some picture of the buildings alongside the road as well the construction sites where there are crane and workman doing their work on the MRT project. 

After a while I reach the Pavilion and got inside. After browsing along I decided to get to the food court again and this time I ordered a Teh Tarek and some Curry Puff. I sat at the table at the food court and enjoy my snack. After a while I start walking back to the KLCC via the Tunnel and Walkway. With that it ends my adventure of the day. 



Have a nice day.

No comments: