Wednesday, March 02, 2005

What a surprise...One thing that I notice absent in my new car is that there are no ashtray and the cigarette lighter...Which before this had been a standard items in every cars...I am glad that they no longer provide ashtray and cigarette lighter in the car, for to me it is just a waste of space, for today's car are air conditioned, making smoking in a car bad for one's health...Nowadays smoking has not only being considered as a unhealthy habit, it is also an anti social event,as such more and more people give up smoking altogether...In Malaysia smoking are not allowed in shopping mall and this is indeed a very good progress in trying to create a healthy society....I was a smoker once, start smoking in my teen, at that time it was just a fashion to smoke and almost every other person smoke..I gave up smoking some twenty years ago and now live a healthy life without cigarette..In offices, smoking was allow before... Now it is banned totally..The absent of ashtray and cigarette lighter in this new car are indeed a way forward in making driving safer and enjoyable...I did not know that new cars come without these items, so it was rather a surprise to me when I could not find the usual ashtray and the cigarette lighter in this new car that I just bought...Instead of a cigarette lighter's socket they had provided a socket for charging electric appliance or charging cell phones battery with a warning that the socket could not be use for cigarette lighter.....A great change indeed, a bonus for the lover of cars...Thanks to those car manufacturers...In this case it is Honda of Japan...

No comments: