Thursday, February 19, 2004

..... Well it is another busy day.... Went out to the bank and then browse over some of the shops that sell electronic goods..... the array of digital camera look great.... I am as yet to get a proper digital camera.... I had one as a birthday gift, given by our daughter sometime ago.... It is a simple one for take snap for use with the computer....It has a fixed memory and as such could only be downloaded into the computer only... If a hard copy of the picture are needed it has to printed direct from computer.... unlike the more sophisticated one, where the memory chip could be taken out and view either using a picture card reader or direct from camera using the USB port and it picture could also be view on the TV screen..... I browse along and eventually found one that is on a Special Offer, a good price, a package that comes with an additional memory stick, a tripod, a picture reader... It is a Olympus C150... For the price it look like a good buy for my first Digital Camera.... the salesman was real good at his job, a young chap who took the time to explain with patience on the model that I ask.... and that eventually make me want to buy it.... so I did bought it..... A new toy to play around.... What else we adult do, when we seem to have a little extra of the M.... Like little boys and girls we look for toys to play.... We actually never grew up.... the kids in us is still there.... This is fun.... So another new toy for me..... A new digital camera.... to toy around and enjoy to immortalized those events and scene for the future..... How else can we immortalized events and scene other then by using the camera.... I believe it is the only tool that we could freeze time and kept it forever..... Immortalized it...... I grew up during an era where picture taking was something special, only for special occasion like a family photo and this can only be done at the Photo Studio.... There was not many hand held camera then....may be there are a few, but people like us would not be able to buy one.... anyway at that period of our history, the luxury of owning a camera was never in our mind.... so whenever we need to take picture, we would call the photographer, a professional to come over and take those photo.... And that was that.... And as we progress, some of my friend began to own a camera and this makes it easy for us to take photo, I guess that was how I had my collection of photos of my childhood, the boyscout days and the like......I still keep those black and white picture and it is nice to look at it from time to time,... It bring back great memories of those great days in our youth.... There were no color picture then so most of my teenage photo were in black and white.... Now it is the digital age and new tools for imaging are digital... so to keep up with progress we have to arm ourselves with all these too.... It is interesting that my generation have the opportunity to go through the progress of this imaging technology from a simple crude made camera, huge mechanized set and only could be operated in a studio.... To what we see today....tiny camera in all shapes began to appear in the market for all to own one.... So we are in the digital age in a very short space of time..... barely fifty years.....It is indeed a quantum leap in the technology of imaging.... A great achievement in science and technology and a great strike for mankind.... the progress of the imaging technology.... the Camera..... the Digital Camera.... My new toy.... I would be rather busy for a least a few days... to learn the art of using this new toy of mine... At this age it would take sometime for me to learn all the trick of playing with this toy.... So we never do grow up... do we!!!... and really never stop playing with toys... I thought only my grandchildren play with toys now...... Grandpa do too..... Playing with his New toy...... The Digital Camera..... What a life.......

No comments: