Friday, March 02, 2012

Japanese Backpackers @ Kuala Lumpur...


Monday 27th February was a beautiful day. The sky was blue with scattered patches of white clouds. I thought it would be a great day to go out to venture into the inner city. The day before my oldest grandson posted on Facebook some images of the graffiti that he took when he was at Dataran Pasar Seni. He took the images after his tuition class at a Tuition Center there.  I like what I saw and told him that I would go and have a look and take photo on the graffiti. As usual I drove the Honda to the KLCC parking area, parked the car and then went to take the LRT at the underground station nearby. In the train I met a Frenchwoman reading a book sitting beside me and we got into talking. She stops at the Masjid James Station to catch another train heading toward to her destination. 

On arrival at the Pasar Seni Station I immediately went to have a look at the graffiti that had been painted on the wall on the bank of the Kelang River. After I have done all the photography of the graffiti I went back to the Station. As I was near the escalator I saw three backpackers going the same way. I then follow up and as I was about to sit and wait for the train I saw the three backpackers sitting and waiting for the next train. In that split seconds I ask them whether I could take a picture of them using my iPad and they say it OK. I snap an image and show them and from the look of it they are happy with it.  I ask them where there are from and they say they are Japanese. Two of them from Tokyo and pointing to the young woman one of them say that she is from Osaka. While we were talking the train arrived and I told them I am going to post the picture on cyberspace and they say it is OK. They then boarded the train toward the other direction. So folks here are the smiling faces of those three Japanese Backpackers that I got to know in that short time at the Pasar Seni LRT Station. They do look cheerful indeed in this photograph.

Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Temuk said...

Hi Pak Idrus
I wonder what those Japanese backpackers were thinking about our country which more than half a century ago was colonized by their grandparents (or great grandparents?). I think they love this country!

Your Mistique Malaysia blog is really great!

Pak Idrus said...

Temuk, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts related to the the subject of this posting.

Well I do not believe the young now have any thoughts of the suffering in Malaya during the Japanese Occupation from 1941 to 1945. Like you we lived through those horrible years and I although still very young at that time still have vivid memories of the happening. Well war always bring misery to people and I do hope we do not have to go through it again.

Thanks as well for the good words on my new blog 'Mystique Malaysia'.

Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From www.flowersdeliveryahmedabad.com

Pak Idrus said...

Flowersdeliveryahmedabad, thanks for the visit and the kind words.

Have a nice day.