Friday, April 09, 2010

It rains...


Yes, folk it just rains cats and dogs, heavy with storm and thunder and lightning. It kept on raining for hours starting at 4:00PM here in Ampang Jaya where I live. I could hardly see the road in front of the house and the sideways soon became sort of a stream with fast running water. It does remind me of the days of my childhood on the east coast when it rain during the monsoon period. In those days it would rains cats and dogs for days at time.

I love the rain today as I had always loved the rain during my childhood. I went out to my patio which was wet now and watch the rains bashing the translucent roof of my patio. It made me happy and I believe the plants are as happy too. It brought fresh air and that freshness smell of the rains. I just love that smell.

I then took my camera and did a few snaps of the image of the wet plants. It does show the plants look as fresh as it could be. Here are some images of those refreshing scenes at my patio. Enjoy it.

Have a nice day. [Please click on image to enlarge]

6 comments:

hs said...

lovely time... we share the same 'feeling good' moments.

Pak Idrus said...

hs, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Happy that you enjoy this posting and in the same mood as me and enjoying the day.

Have a nice day and take care.

Pat said...

Yes, these are indeed rainy days in KL. Like you, I love the rain. And I also like the way everything looks bright and clean after it.

Excellent shots, as usual, Pak Idrus!

Pak Idrus said...

Pat, thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of photography.

I am indeed glad that you enjoy those images. As for the rain it does refreshes the atmosphere and cleans everything on its path.

Have a nice day.

mamadou said...

Assalamulaikum Pak Idrus

It was rain over there then the hot subsides
Overhere, now is hot season as hot as 42C, but last week it was rain. Quite strange rain in hot season, but it blessed us to reduce the heat. Nevertheless after rain, the humidity rise, I sweating a lot.

Thats the wonderful of life and world and The Creator

Pak Idrus said...

mamadou, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Well, whatever it is rains always brought changes to our lives and the other species on this planet. It refreshes everything on planet earth, without it the earth would be barren and there would not be any life on this planet.

Have a nice day.