Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A new kid in blogsphere...

Out of the blue I received news that my cyberpal for Seattle, USA has start to blog. This pal has been a frequent visitor to my blog and I believe to others as well. Since comments made at the site are for the public viewing, I told him if he needs to discuss things personal, do it through the email. He took my suggestion and soon we began to communicate regularly. Thus he became another one of my cyberpals.

As a person whom I know only in cybersphere and as yet to meet in the real world, I could not address him as a blogger because for a simple reason that he did not have a blog. I did encourage him to blog but I believe he is taking his sweet time in getting to that. Been in the golden age, like me we have the luxury of time and usually takes our time to go into a new project. Moreover getting into blogging for people in the golden age is not as easy as those Tech-savvy of this generation. Anyway folks at our age do learn fast and never underestimate their will and determination. And sure enough yesterday I got an email from this cyberpal of mine saying that he has just start to blog. I hurry to his blog and found that indeed we are going to seen yet another informative blog in blogsphere. For those who had known him in cybersphere, he is non other then the Louis who often left comment in your blog. His is blog is this HOPSCOTH. Do visit it and I am sure you would enjoy his posting.

Louis, Welcome to Blogsphere. Have a nice day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pak Idrus,

I deeply appreciate the friendship we have established through your blog, and I look forward to meeting you in person this year.

Thanks a million for promoting my blog, and for encouraging me to start it. Yes, I was very hesitant, but I had your and Rita's excellent blogs to imitate, and that was the push I needed.

I think that the fact that seniors are blogging is proof that yes, "you can teach an old dog new tricks" :)

Pak Idrus said...

louis, thanks for the visit and the good words on me and my blog. Indeed a great pleasure to introduce your blog to the world.

Well had it not for the blog we would have not met despite you have been to this country many time in the past. Hope that we would eventually get to meet in the real world in due course.

Have a nice day.

Rita Ho said...

Pak Idrus ... You continue to be one of few leaders in blogsphere, not only sharing your own life experiences but always encouraging others to follow your footstep. Your quote, "Strangers are friends that you have yet to meet." is one of the best friendship quotes and Louis is one such friend.

If not for my healing foot and the house being converted into a rehab clinic, I would have already invited him over for some home-cook Malaysian food. Hopefully, I can do this in mid-June.

With Louis blogging now, I have a big problem. Where am I going to find time to read my books and magazines?? Haha!

Pak Idrus said...

rita, thanks for the visit and the kind words.

Well, we are one of a kind, the human, race so I believe we all should be friend in one way or the other. Blogsphere give us the opportunity to be friends in a world without boarders.

You and David, I think I know both of you already as friends although we are yet to meet. We human are a spiritual being and because we communicate in the plane of friendship, I believe our spirit may have made contact as well, that is why we blogger felt so close to each other. Meeting in person in the real world would happen in due course but by then we would have known each other already.

I invited Louis to communicate with me via the email and we have been doing that ever since and by reading his emails I know for sure that he is a prolific writer, so I encourage him to blog and as we now see his blog is beginning to made impact in our life.

I am a great reader like you, so do not worry we would continue to blog despite the new media like Hopscotch that would churn stories that would surely made our lives more colorful.

Have a nice day. CU.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak idrus,
I thought Louis was a long time blogger cos he has been around for so long. Good of you to have encouraged him to do so. I will visit his site this instance. Thank u for the info.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit. Well, at last he decide to join our species. I am sure you would find his blog informative as well interesting.

Have a nice day.