Saturday, April 29, 2006

A rural scene...

These images was taken sometimes ago when I went back to my spouse's village in Ketari, Bentong... It shows the neglect of the rural areas and what's left are old folks after their children have left for greener pasture in search of a better living conditions...Bentong is a small town about thirty five minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur...With the Highway to Kuantan this town is now bypassed and not as busy as before... Any ways it is still a great place to be.. With its rural landscape where some of the largest Rubber plantations were and the primary product of the country in the era gone by...With Malaysia now one of the top trading countries, in some areas Rubber plantation has been replaced with the now Golden crops, The Oil Palm...Today Malaysia is the largest exporter of Palm Oil... Well my idea of posting these images is just to give the visitors to my blogs a change of scene.. Hoping that these scenes would bring back memories of the past.. As for me it was a memories of my childhood and the growing up years...It was real nice to play around in the bush, catching spider as pets. Nowadays kids no longer do that.. Today they are on with the computer and wondering in cyberspace and playing virtual games, unlike in our times.. The real physical world was our space to play games... What a world we live in... In such a short space of time we are into another world of cyberspace, which our forefather would not believe that it exist..What would come next!!!. Well we have to just wonder and be there when it arrived... Have a nice day...[I blog this from Malacca ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pak Idrus, thanks for sharing the lovely photos of the coconut palm trees....they bring memories back of my childhood. The coast of Kenya is full of palm trees and the photos remind me of Mombasa, Kenya, the place I was born. Wow!, I wish I can go back to those times!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the above post was posted by me.
Ummm, how much I miss the coconut water, fresh and so refreshing!
Shehnaaz, Ottawa, Canada

Pak Idrus said...

Shehnaaz, thanks, I am indeed glad that simple posting like this do touches people. Our generation in a way had been the lucky generation. Childhood and Youth were the wonderful years of my life and I believe yours as well, take care.