Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A personal space...

Yes, a personal space, a space of our own... As space in time and moment that we want for ourselves alone... A space that we want to be independence of anyone else....A moment in time that we want to jealously guard as our own and we have the right to have one...The special personal space in time.... As I journey on in life and getting there in my golden age...I yearn to have that personal space more and more and slowly and surely I am getting there....It is not that easy and I believe with perseverance and patience I would eventually get there...It does not mean that I want to be alone all the time...It is not that...I love to be with my loves one but that sometime I do really need my own personal space....A time that I could dreams, whilst away in the clouds, contemplate, flirt in my mind and wonder of all the possibilities, to be able to spend time with friends on my own and on my own choice, without being subject to other people reaction...I want to be able to do my things my way...The way I like it,during that special space in time..From the time we are born, we have been subject to live with others and subject to be living in a common space in time, we are subject to rules and regulation that are made for us and that us not being involve in the making it...We are program to believe in certain value and norms and we are expected to go on believing in it whether we like it or not...In a way we are subjected to live and conform with the values and norms of our parents and our own culture...If not we would not be allow to live comfortably in the society...Personally I think this is wrong...We are human with individual brain and such we should be our own self always...Of course with should conformed with the society rule and regulation as far as civil society is concerned but at the same time we should be allowed to live our own life as we like... When I was living in the States some years ago...I found that I am more free to live as I like although I am a foreigner...I believe this should be the way forward...Making everyone happy and able to contribute constructively to the country and the world at large...We would not have all the new inventions and all the new discoveries if we are not allow to think and venture on, on the belief that there are better place and things in the future... Had it not been for that freedom of thinking, we would not be able to communicate like we do now...i.e. the internet. All the new happening and inventions did not just happen...I believe it is because we were allow that personal space in time, to think and to take that risk and venture on...That makes our world a better place to live and enjoy life....In another front, if we want to makes our marriages life successful and achieve all those dreams together, we have to respect each other, especially in the aspect of giving each other that freedom of having a personal space in time, from time to time...It is only with the understanding that we are all individual and have the need of that personal space...That make life so wonderful...And like I often said...It would be colorful as well....My friends that is life....Have fund and enjoy.... I blog this from my Malacca's home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, especially since it comes from the elder generation (based on the picture), no offense, heh.

Pak Idrus said...

anonymous thanks for the visit and the comment..No offense at all..I am now in my golden age, sixty six years old, proud and happy to be there..have a nice day and take care.