Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Sea and I....


I love the sea. The image of the Shells in the photo above reminds me of the sea. I grew up in a pristine town on the East-coast of Malaya. Kuantan was my home from the time I was born in 1939 until I left for a greener pasture in pursuing my career in 1967. I went to school there and spend the first part of my adulthood there too. During my school days I always associated my growing up with the sea. It was at the beach as young Boy Scouts I would go to the beach at Teluk Cempedak and the beaches from Beserah to Gebeng in the north on the weekends to enjoy nature. We learn to swim and appreciate those things that have to do with the sea. At every opportunity like school holidays and the weekends I would go to the beach either to swim or just to while my time, enjoying the smell of the sea as well watching the ever changing horizon of the sea, from the rising of the sun in the early morning to the late evening watching the glittering stars up above the sky. At time we would watch the fisherman bringing their daily catch. During camping at the beach we would get our supply of fish and other seafood to enjoy at the camping site. As I grow up I still would go to the beach to enjoy the feel of the sea and the environment of my growing up period. Even during the yearly monsoon season I would drive to the beach to smell the freshness of the air from the sea and at time enjoy the wind that blows the coastal area during that period of the year. In a way the sea is part of me and I always enjoy been near the sea. And that Shells as seen in the image above that I kept as a decorative item in front of my house always remind me of the wonder of the sea and my relationship with it. 

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Salaam PakIdrus.

If you remember it all that well go back to the sea the way I have done, less the fishing boat and the net - just the swaying of pokok ru and air kelapa muda to quench your thirst. Wooden house can be dismantled and re-erected !

Pak Idrus said...

Al-Manar, Pokcik Hassan thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Well lately I have been thinking of the sea and trying to find a way to enjoy the see they way I could. Maybe rent a house near the coast and stay there from time to time. As for now I would just go to Kuantan for two to three days and stay at a hotel in town that I call home. Well Let see what happened as we move on in life.

Have a nice day.