Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Elephants Sanctuary....

A friend suggest that we visit the Elephants Sanctuary at Kuala Gandah at Lanchang in the district of Temerloh, Pahang.. It is about one hundred kilometer away from Kuala Lumpur and would take about a hour drive. So around just before noon on last Thursday together with my spouse and a friend, we drove to the Sanctuary. And arrived there all excited to see these wild life in what folks here say 'Up close and Personal' Unlike the Zoo, the animals here are brought in and care for under a protection program run by the Malaysian Wildlife and National Parks Department. I had seen a documentary on our TV and was hoping to see the real thing in person. Well, as seen in the images above that I took except the one showing me on the elephant,we all did really had a great time there. Personally I was delighted to have the opportunity to ride on an elephants and play with two of the babies elephants in the river nearby... It was indeed a great day well spend. Read on about this on the Sanctuary...

4 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Pak Idrus,

I can't beleive it! I just visited the place recently in June. I also wanted so much to blog about it and then I saw your posting. Amazing isn't it.

However, I don't like the way they put the elephants for the show. Looks like they are putting them into labour. And they used that pointed stick quite sharp to cucuj the gajah to make them move. I never like that. May be the elephant's skin is thick enough but still I feel sorrowful about it.

Pak Idrus said...

Liza, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. Yes I think they have overdone it.

Have a nice day.

xplorer said...

I would suggest that you go to PEKAN SARI TEMERLOH which is just a short drive away from Lanchang. A very unique traditional farmers market. I'm very sure you love it check out my previous posting http://jelajah-xplorer.blogspot.com/search?q=Pekan+sari+temerloh

Pak Idrus said...

xplorer, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on blogging.

Yes I have visited the Pekan Sari Temerloh many time before. I am not sure I have blog about it or not. It is indeed an interesting place to visit.

Have a nice day.