Thursday, January 29, 2004

The drizzling has not stop, just like yesterday...so it has been a bid wet all day long and as usual when its drizzle the weather became rather humid...it would be better if it really rain...that is the situation in the tropic...where rain and sunshine has always been taken for granted and live would just go on as usual...I love the rain, not too much though... it is a bid cool when it rains and one could smell the freshness of the air... it is the rain that keep our rain forest healthy and in turn the forest in the tropic provide all those oxygen that the world need and at the same time it take in all those unwanted carbon dioxide that we did not want... Well that is the eco system and it works perfectly for the benefit of all.... Both the plants and other living things on this planet of ours...

On the news front there are now a sad news of the bird flu... Now not only people get flu... It is now the turn of bird to get flu... while the flu that we get off and on are not that dangerous... the bird flu is very dangerous indeed...it not only affect the bird itself... like the chicken that we consumed daily... but it kill human that get this bird flu.... Say... What is really happening to our planet... Last year we had that SAR and it nearly bankrupts some countries in Asia and many people got killed includes the good doctors and the nurses..... And then recently we again heard of the outbreak of the Mad Cow disease... and we all became afraid of eating meat.... As a precaution We have decided not to take chicken for now... so I am not buying any chicken this time... Yesterday I went to the wet market to do my fortnight marketing and I decided not to buy any chicken.... and I found out that many others are also doing the same things... avoid chicken for the time being.... and go for other alternative... like fish and vegetables... I believe we all would not miss any things by not eating chicken for the time being... I think it is wise to avoid it until all those bird are free from the new disease Bird Flu...... And just now I went to a friend's shop and she told me that tonight the Chinese would be having a family dinner... Her in law phone saying that they should avoid chicken for tonight's dinner... She told her in law not to worry so much as Malaysia is still free with this bird flu sickness.... But her in law insist that it is not wise to eat chicken now... So they compromised... Just cook a bird and let see what happen at tonight's dinner.... I told her it would be interesting to see who would touch the chicken at tonight's dinner.... She laugh and quip that is why she told her in law just to cook only one chicken... Just for the sake of having a chicken on the table as usual...Naive you think?... I do not think so... It is the human nature to be afraid..... It would be fun to be at this family dinner tonight.... And watch the drama unfold.... I laugh and left the shop after buying some things... Fish and air pump for my fish pond..... go home and it is still drizzling... What a day.... Thinking of the incident at the shop.... I think I am going to ask her of what happen at the dinner table.. when I meet her next...... Interesting eh!!!.... What this bird flu has done to us human.....

No comments: